HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Weather (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/252403-weather.html)

peakrut 07-11-2008 03:03 AM

Weather

Here is why I am awake starting at 03:00 until this very stinking moment.[:@][:@][:@]
Just more Wisconsin storms

wvubowhunter 07-11-2008 04:41 AM

RE: Weather

How many inches above aveage (precipitation)is wisconsin right now?

wis_bow_huntr 07-11-2008 05:56 AM

Were actually below in most parts of the state from monroe county north. we got 3/4 of an inch yesterday and were getting aboout 3/4 to 1 1/2 this morning but we need it badly up here in central wi.

ORIGINAL: wvubowhunter

How many inches above aveage (precipitation)is wisconsin right now?

racewayking 07-11-2008 05:59 AM

We had the loudest Thunder I have ever heard a few hours ago. One of the dogs hid under the bed and it took an hour to get him out[:@]

npockat32 07-11-2008 06:01 AM

Yeah it's pooring right now in Wi Rapids.

Wingbone 07-11-2008 06:02 AM

Everything averages out. At the end of the year we'll get30"+- of rain. All these storms are increasing the odds we'll have a dry fall. W_b_h, how are the mosquitos your way? It's time to start thinking of hanging stands.

npockat32 07-11-2008 06:10 AM

ORIGINAL: Wingbone

Everything averages out. At the end of the year we'll get 30"+- of rain. All these storms are increasing the odds we'll have a dry fall. W_b_h, how are the mosquitos your way? It's time to start thinking of hanging stands.
They are not as bad as a couple of weeks ago. They were terrrible again. I hung some stands last weekend. They still were pretty thick in the shade but weren't bad in the sun.

wis_bow_huntr 07-11-2008 06:56 AM

The Misquitos by us arent as bad as they have been for a few years, actually even along the river they arent that bad. Sounds liek a nice weekend and week to come in the 70's so yea time to start moving stands.

ORIGINAL: Wingbone

Everything averages out. At the end of the year we'll get30"+- of rain. All these storms are increasing the odds we'll have a dry fall. W_b_h, how are the mosquitos your way? It's time to start thinking of hanging stands.

peakrut 07-11-2008 08:06 AM

Morning Gents.
These storms are actually good for the private spot I hunt. The swamp is once again
a swamp as last year was pretty dry. 2006 that swamp had plenty of water and those deer would
come out about hour before dark and just a have good ol time in it and it was enjoyable witnessing it.
Maybe big boy stand will produce once again this year.;)
I see a new batch of storms heading my once again.
Enjoy your day!

T

Wingbone 07-11-2008 09:18 AM

Thanks w_b_h, That's encouraging. Around here they're still bad. I'll beup weekend after this to meet with the forester. I may take the opportunity to hang a couple of stands as long as I'm up.