Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Backpack?

Old 07-10-2008, 11:33 PM
Fork Horn

Default Backpack?

I'm going to be packing for 2 days and 2 nights in Oregons backcountry and want to know which pack to get. And I want to have an option of packing meat on a frame. I'm thinking either the Dwight Shuh or the Wilderness packs www.wildernesspacks.com now what do you think? Either supply information on the above packs or supply information on a pack you are happy or unhappy with that has a frame pack which can be made a packboard.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:48 PM

Default RE: Backpack?

[/align]I know the dwight shuh has held up well for me from caribou in the artic to moose in s.w, alaska to elk in idaho and montana . Always DIY and some times liveing out of it for days at a time. Not to mention the meat and stands carryed back home here in Pa.,I love my pack as you see ,I had it about 10years or so and never had a thing go wrong with it yet but it is showing its miles ,like the owner.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:51 PM

By the way ,what does a new one cost. I think I payed around $125 then.

[/align]
Old 07-10-2008, 11:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cabelas Alaskan Extreme or a badlands bud....thats the way to go
Old 07-11-2008, 07:32 AM
Fork Horn

Badlands are meant for guys to look cool Pat, I need a hunters pack that will pack out the meat.

Any more help appreciated!
Old 07-11-2008, 08:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Haha...ok well if u say i "look cool" with mine than thanks....but my pack does an awesome job and if u dont own one than you can say they are only for "looking cool".......dont beleive everything you hear morgan...i know who told you they only "look cool".......
Old 07-11-2008, 08:57 AM
Fork Horn

I've used them Pat... Don't get me wrong... (i'm your cousin) so you should know i'm giving you a hard time. But i'm telling you they don't have a packboard for meat! And it's a pain in the ass to wash the material.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:32 AM
Fork Horn

It was Dan, but I also know it to be true.
Old 07-11-2008, 01:11 PM
Fork Horn

Badlands all the way. I just bag the quarters and there is little to no cleanup. The quality is great and supereasy on the back and shoulders. I guess I just like to look cool to!
Old 07-11-2008, 02:23 PM
Fork Horn

LOL.... I'm exaturating of course.... I just want something thatis sturdy and packs allot of stuff. But then again you have your points. But badlands are friggin expensive!

Quick Reply: Backpack?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.