HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Narrowed it down, but still can't decide... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/252385-narrowed-down-but-still-cant-decide.html)

Washington Hunter 07-10-2008 10:03 PM

Narrowed it down, but still can't decide...

Guys, I need to make a decision...

I've narrowed my choices down to;

Diamond Black Ice
Diamond Marquis
Bowtech General

I've shot them all probably 150+ times and I honestly can't make up my mind. I feel like I could pick any one of the three and I would be more than happy. I enjoy shooting them all and can't say I prefer one over the other.

The check for my Hoyt came today so its being shipped out tomorrow. I have a 3D shoot to go to for the store on the 27th. I have 16 days to not only order my bow, but get it tuned and sighted in. I'm cutting it close.

Out of the three, which would you choose and why? What about one particular model draws you to it over the others? (I'll be shooting at 70#)As I mentioned, I've shot them all and enjoy each of them. I haven't been this stumped since my last Algebra class. [&:]

Matt/TN 07-10-2008 10:08 PM

RE: Narrowed it down, but still can't decide...

I would rule out the Black ICe and narrow it down to the General and Marquis. OUt of those two I'd lean towards the Marquis. Why, you may ask? I don't know, I just like the way it feels. It's just a little bit longer ATA which I like. Brace height doesn't matter to me as much.

My choice, Marquis...:D

Washington Hunter 07-10-2008 10:11 PM

Also keep in mind that this will primarily be a hunting bow. The 3D shoot on the 27th just means I need to make my decision a bit more quickly.

bigbulls 07-10-2008 10:15 PM

I could shoot any of them and chose the General.

It may be short but the riser is the full length of the bow which makesit much more stable than one may think.
It is absolutely the quietest bowI have ever had the pleasure of shooting.
It has the least vibration and hand shock of them all. (some people like this while some want a little "kick")
The binary cam system is the easiest to keep in tune of any I have ever used.
And the 8.25" brace height certainly doesn't hurt.

All of this adds up to an incredible hunting bow. Everything i look for in a hunting bow. Quiet, easy to tune, stable, and very forgiving.

Having said this, you can't go wrong with any of the three.

buckmaster 07-10-2008 10:15 PM

man that is tough.... Id hate to choose... ive shot all three... and i would rule out the black ice as well. But between the other too.... mmmmmm... IDK maybe the General because of it'sever so slightly morequiet/dead in the hand,cool looks and resale value??

But wait, maybe the Marquis because of it's over all feel of smoothness... and a touch more speed

[:o]

shed33 07-10-2008 11:01 PM

Wash you buying another new bow???? Hey hows the smoke? You guys ok over there??

Washington Hunter 07-10-2008 11:03 PM

ORIGINAL: shed33

Wash you buying another new bow???? Hey hows the smoke? You guys ok over there??
Well, yeah... :D;)I got the bug.

The smoke is crazy, man. The evacuation area is almost to my neighborhood, but I think we're okay. It's still a few miles away for now. Pretty thick out your way? I know the winds are playing hell with the fire fighters about now.

shed33 07-10-2008 11:07 PM

Dan, that fire is flipping crazy all these high winds, they said just a bit ago its burned over 12,000 acres already.. Be safe bud! Yeah out here on the east side of the lake..the winds really blew the smoke in.. pretty hazy as I look west towards Spokane.. Take care bud..

Oh the Marquis is my vote I shot one over at Sportsmans in CDA.. pretty sweet bow.. ;)

Washington Hunter 07-10-2008 11:09 PM

It looked pretty bad when I drove out to Cabelas earlier. Seemed to get worse while I was there. I got home and heard about all of the evacuations. I seriously can't believe this! It's definitely got a lot of folks worried.

OregonOutdoorDude 07-10-2008 11:25 PM

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

Guys, I need to make a decision...

I've narrowed my choices down to;

Diamond Black Ice
Diamond Marquis
Bowtech General

I've shot them all probably 150+ times and I honestly can't make up my mind. I feel like I could pick any one of the three and I would be more than happy. I enjoy shooting them all and can't say I prefer one over the other.

The check for my Hoyt came today so its being shipped out tomorrow. I have a 3D shoot to go to for the store on the 27th. I have 16 days to not only order my bow, but get it tuned and sighted in. I'm cutting it close.

Out of the three, which would you choose and why? What about one particular model draws you to it over the others? (I'll be shooting at 70#)As I mentioned, I've shot them all and enjoy each of them. I haven't been this stumped since my last Algebra class. [&:]
Personally I just bought the Martin Firecat and oh my God it is faster Cameron Hanes on a tredmil!!!!
Actually I'm on martin shop shooter and love the Firecat, but the best bow i've shot all year is the new limbsaver!!!