HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Hunting Through Books (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/252338-hunting-through-books.html)

Mr. Finkelhiemer 07-10-2008 04:06 PM

Hunting Through Books

This pertains to everyone,

Since being sent to the sandbox for a year, I have made a conscious effort to read as many books as I can on Whitetail deer hunting, Bear hunting, andElk hunting. Of the books so far I have read a few quality books such as,Hunting Black Bear by Robert Smith, Guide to Whitetail Deer Hunting Tips and Resources by Terry Townsed, and I am waiting on a couple of Elk hunting books as well. Since I will be primarily hunting Whitetail when I get home can anyone recommend other quality readings on Whitetail. Ihave read a few others butthey were pretty basic books withquite a bit of good tips.

Justin

dukemichaels 07-10-2008 04:10 PM

RE: Hunting Through Books

Sure Justin.. No problem I would love to help you on your endeavor to better undertsnad the whitetail. But for the life of me can't understand why we are all yelling! But hey.. its cool.. you are just trying to learn.

Try these authors on for size..

The Eberhart Brothers
Greg Miller
Brad Herndon
Don Higgins

That should get you started on a good track.. just google their names and you'll get what you are looking for.

buckeye 07-10-2008 04:13 PM

I agree, that is a great list the Duke put together for you.

early in 07-10-2008 04:16 PM

Giant Whitetails (A Lifetime of Lessons)by Drury/Hanback. I thought this was a good book.

early in 07-10-2008 04:24 PM

ORIGINAL: dukemichaels

Sure Justin.. No problem I would love to help you on your endeavor to better undertsnad the whitetail. But for the life of me can't understand why we are all yelling! But hey.. its cool.. you are just trying to learn.

Try these authors on for size..

The Eberhart Brothers
Greg Miller
Brad Herndon
Don Higgins

That should get you started on a good track.. just google their names and you'll get what you are looking for.

HE TOLD YOU, HE'S OVER IN THE BIG SAND BOX. IT'S NOISY THERE!!!

Mr. Finkelhiemer 07-10-2008 04:31 PM

I thought Upper case letters was yelling. I type with bigger lower case letters cause it is easier to read. Sorry. Thanks for the info by the way.I will look them up as well. I do have some knowledge of whitetails, just tryingto get lost on my down time if you know what I mean, all while educating myself about the whitetail. Whitetail has become a passion for me and I am sure everyone else here. But My ultimate passion is spot and stalk Bear Hunts. I hooked in just one season. The bear just reminds me of myself. But ultimately, whenever I see a whitetail my heart drops and takes me a few seconds do drop the excitement and finish the job. Gotta love it!

Justin

magicman54494 07-10-2008 04:34 PM

Whitetail Strategies, Vol. II: Straightforward Tactics for Tracking, Calling, the Rut, and Much More (Hardcover)
by Peter J. Fiduccia (Author) [/align][/align]I like this one[/align]

early in 07-10-2008 04:38 PM

Justin, we have our own resident bear man. He goes by Shultzy, you can call him Steve if your nice to him though.:D He knows all of the in's and out's of killing big bears. I'm sure he could steer you in the right direction with any bear info.;)

magicman54494 07-10-2008 04:45 PM

Thanks for playing in the sand for us:D

Mr. Finkelhiemer 07-10-2008 04:56 PM

Your Welcome fellas. Maybe after I get home i can meet this Schultzy? I have found if you want to be successful in life/hunting you should surround yourself by those who are successful. Anyone willing to share their vast amount of knowledge from years of hunting is definitely somebody I want to meet.
Thanks Early!

And thanks to everybody who answers this post. Although I would love to read everyone of these books, and i hope that I can, I will try my best to at least look up all these authors and books. Much appreciated to all!

Justin

PS - Those of you who haven't already read the Terry Townsend book I suggest you should. Verygoodread and an intelligent man.