Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 ** ROSS / Bowtech happenings....press release** >

** ROSS / Bowtech happenings....press release**

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

** ROSS / Bowtech happenings....press release**

Old 07-10-2008, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ** ROSS / Bowtech happenings....press release**

Found this link over at AT. Taking pre-orders for $649. That puts them at the same price point as the previous Ross offerings.

http://www.southshorearcherysupply.com/ross-cardiac-by-bowtech.html

Old 07-10-2008, 09:35 PM

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

ORIGINAL: PABowhunter4life

Here's what still confuses me... Bowtech is a binary, Diamond is the single cam.... why manufacture another single cam line to compete with your current line? I wish them all the best of luck but I think Savage is trying to corner the archery market and I see nothing but bad coming from all of this for them.
I understand where your coming from however,

Bowtech is a superb company generating some very impressive bows. What would be so wrong with them buying into/up another company like Ross and then continue to produce and warrant the bows? Wouldn't it be more wrong if they (Bowtech) did this and then dismantled them (Ross) and said, too bad so sad? At least current Ross owners as well as Ross fans will continue having an outstanding bow by a reputable company. There is less concern on where Ross may go, they have security in a way. I see alot of good coming out of this.

Oh I'm not saying that Bowtech doesn't make a nice bow, I just think that Savage is trying to rule the roost if you will and they might be getting a little too big for their britches.

As for Ross shooters I actually know quite a few that were turned off by the fact that Bowtech now owns them and they have sold their bows and jumped ship.

I hope that it works out for everyone involved, but I just have a bad feeling in general.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ahh Matt, I completely forgot about the Connie!
Old 07-11-2008, 12:00 AM

ORIGINAL: dukemichaels

It's like when the empire starts to build the death star.

Ross is its ultimate weapon to help conquer the market share of the likes of Hoyt and PSE.

I know I left out the Mathews guys... but to me they were always like Endor.. where the ewoks live... always nuetral and just trying to live in their world.
LOVE IT!!!!
Old 07-16-2008, 04:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Here is an official photo of the Ross Cardiac 31 and 34

Old 07-16-2008, 05:06 PM

I welcome all bowtechies!! let em take over the industry, they know what they are doing!!! seriously though, they are a great bow and not just because I own one, they are very well made, however, most bows on the high end these days are very well made it seems.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Being an MBA student who just finished my first graduate marketing class, I'm wondering how Bowtech plans to position the Ross line to compete in the marketplace without competing directly against their Diamond line. How will they differentiate the Ross bows from the Diamond bows, given that they are basically the same design?

Both Diamond and Ross are high end parallel limb single cam bows that are very similar to one another. I'm not sure I understand why this move makes sense for Bowtech - unless they plan on changing either the Ross or Diamond brand to target different market segments.

Old 07-16-2008, 07:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: gzg38b

Being an MBA student who just finished my first graduate marketing class, I'm wondering how Bowtech plans to position the Ross line to compete in the marketplace without competing directly against their Diamond line. How will they differentiate the Ross bows from the Diamond bows, given that they are basically the same design?

Both Diamond and Ross are high end parallel limb single cam bows that are very similar to one another. I'm not sure I understand why this move makes sense for Bowtech - unless they plan on changing either the Ross or Diamond brand to target different market segments.
Kind of like GMC and Chevy trucks. Different names, same truck, but the money goes in the same pocket when they sell one
Old 07-16-2008, 08:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Keep in mind, we're just getting started with the Ross line...
Old 07-16-2008, 08:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: gzg38b

I think the purpose is to buy up more of the market share. Obviously, they feel there are enough Ross fans to warrant buying them out. If I had lots of capital and was trying to dominate the bow industry I would buy up as many brands as I could to become a force. Plus, people give companies instant credit when they constantly see their name on everything.

Imagine walking into a bow shop and9 out of the 10 brands sold were by one company. I'm not sure this is their plan, but it sounds like a good idea to me. Actually, now that I think about it, what I'm talking about is a monopoly.

Quick Reply: ** ROSS / Bowtech happenings....press release**

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.