Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Do You Use A Scent Box For Your Clothes? >

Do You Use A Scent Box For Your Clothes?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do You Use A Scent Box For Your Clothes?

Old 07-10-2008, 03:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Do You Use A Scent Box For Your Clothes?

How many of you use a scent box to put your hunting clothes in before hunting? Did you buy yours or build it? What scent do you use to mask the human scent?

A friend of mine swears by his. He bought a commercially made one and says dirt and leaves are best for getting rid of the human scent. I was thinking of making one for my son's hunting clothes as he says if they're left hanging outside over night, they are too cold to put on in the morning when we go out. However, I wanted to see what others have to say before going through the process.
Old 07-10-2008, 03:34 PM
Site Bouncer

Default RE: Do You Use A Scent Box For Your Clothes?

Yep....mine is a very big "box" called a basement. I hang some stuff under the stairs and others in a big ole plastic cabinet.

Just another perspective.......

Old 07-10-2008, 03:35 PM
Site Bouncer

Cabinet

Old 07-10-2008, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a very specific system for storing the clothes. I have 2x of the Scent Lok roll top air tight bags.

Most of my hunts are weekend overnight roadtrips, so I usually bring 4 individual seperate outfits with me, all layers from the base layer out to the top layer. I bring whatever www.wunderground.com dictates I should based on weather predictions. I wash everything between weekend trips. I will only wear a base layer one time before washing, and will not wear a middle or outside layer more than 2-3 times before washing. I don't wear anything inside camp, and only change outside just before hiking in (gets chilly at the end of October [8D]).

I also bringa duffle bag with me. After something has been worn, and needs to be washed, it goes in the duffle bag so it doesn't taint the fresh stuff in the air tight storage sack.
Old 07-10-2008, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use the scent lock duffel bag for the scent lock and normal stuff...I also use a plastic storage container and have all my clothes in zip locks, I have been using this method for a long time. I am not toobig on artificial cover scents other than on the way to my standI will break a young cedar branch and rub it on my clothing.
Old 07-11-2008, 06:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a tote.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:56 PM
Fork Horn

I use Scent-Tote's. They are pricey, but they are air tight and lock up nice.
They work well.
Old 07-11-2008, 05:07 PM
Host of Hosts

I use a scent tote
Old 07-11-2008, 05:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

I use Scent Blocker& aNo Trace Duffle Bags and then put them inside a plastic bag.

I don't use any cover scents on me or my clothes. I think it allows a deer to point you like a bird dog

Dan
Old 07-12-2008, 12:29 AM
Fork Horn

I've used Rubbermaid type totes for almost 15 years. They seem to work very well, and the price is right. I used to put a layer of dirt, leaves, acorns, etc.. in the bottom, but have gotten away from that the past few years. I just like the idea of keeping foreign scents to a minimum.

Quick Reply: Do You Use A Scent Box For Your Clothes?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.