HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Is the flag on our hunting gear Disrespectful?? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/251973-flag-our-hunting-gear-disrespectful.html)

TG78 07-08-2008 08:14 AM

Is the flag on our hunting gear Disrespectful??

Just this morning I posted a popular pick article on some of my arrow wrap options with one having an American Flag flame design on it and I got some interesting responses. Some of you think that having that on a wrap or even a flag sticker on the back of a truck is disrespectful and I am curious as to why this sentiment comes to mind when seeing that. In my mind like I said in that post I would like to see the American Flag a lot more; here in Denver I honestly see more mexican flags around Cinco De Mayo in one weekend then I see American Flags the rest of the year. Granted I would like to see most of them flying high above a house but I also love to see them elsewhere (like on my bowtech from the factory) but if the majority of you think that it is disrespectful of me to have a symbol of the Flag placed on my arrows then let me know because I consider myself to be a true Patriot of this great country and I will not have the wrong message getting out there.

racewayking 07-08-2008 08:19 AM

RE: Is the flag on our hunting gear Disrespectful??

Companies put american flag stickers on products and proudly display "Made in America"

I see no issue in showing the American Flag through arrow wraps or whatever medium. In my eyes it is the destruction of the flag itself that is not acceptable.

buckeye 07-08-2008 08:21 AM

Wear / fly it high and proud!

GMMAT 07-08-2008 08:21 AM

Tell the detractors to kiss your ass.;)

The US Flag Code doesn't address this type thing....but does address using the flag as an adornment (RE: a flag shirt or other article of clothing).

I wouldn't give it a second thought....and I'd use them on my hunting arrows, proudly.

BobCo19-65 07-08-2008 08:22 AM

I didn't read you whole post, just the topic heading.

The print onthe wrapis not a flag, it is the American Flag Colors. I don't see how this could be disrespectful.If anything, I would say it is Patriotic.

Bowman4440 07-08-2008 08:22 AM

Do what you want man I personally do not think that is disrespect to the flag or our country. Many people have flag patches on their shirt including the armed forces and the boyscouts are they disrespecting the flag? I don't think so. I personally think that having the flag on your arrow wrap is cool and it shows that you do care for the country.

JFergus7 07-08-2008 08:22 AM

I don't have any problem with it. I don't see you putting it on your arrows as a negative statement so it is fine with me. I wish that more people would display the flag. I don't care what fashion they choose as long as it isn't burning!

Schultzy 07-08-2008 08:22 AM

I see nothing wrong with it what so ever!!

virginiashadow 07-08-2008 08:25 AM

TG..honestly, the longer I live, the less I care what other people think or say. Do what you feel is right and makes you feel good.

bowhunter010 07-08-2008 08:29 AM

i dont think its disrespectful...im kind like TG78 but in a different way were i live (in the boondocks) i see more confederate flags aroung here then i do american flags everone has a confederate flag aroung here (me also) it dont mean were not direspectful to our country cause this is america and we should be glad we are free.