Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Is the flag on our hunting gear Disrespectful?? >

Is the flag on our hunting gear Disrespectful??

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Is the flag on our hunting gear Disrespectful??

Old 07-09-2008, 08:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Is the flag on our hunting gear Disrespectful??

he is lucky it was not me i would have poped him in the mouth
ORIGINAL: reckling42

I love seeing the American flag. I dont think its disrespectful at all.
About the sticker on your truck thing, a kid at my school put a american flag sticker on his car, i dont have a problem with that at all since i have one on my truck. but the thing is, he put his upside down, i asked him if it was a mistake or he did it on purpose and he said "it looks cooler".Personally i think thats disrespectful putting it upside down.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

ya just saw it on outdoor channel where they say blue jeans is saw more to deer then blaze orange
ORIGINAL: valor10

i would be more worryed about the red white and blue to the deer but do as you wish i see no proplem
Yeah, certainly something to consider. Those studies on deer vision seem to indicate the color blue stands out quite significantly to deer.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

i can see where someone could see the flag going into flames as disrespect i guest it just depends on what you mean by it or what the man meant by it .
ORIGINAL: royak

My wraps are I guess the ones you mentioned the flag colors going into a flame I have them because I am damn proud to be an American and want anyone that sees my arrows to know that. I love our flag and our country...................
Old 07-09-2008, 12:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

Somewhat off topic: Proper respectful display means a lot more then a casual, easy one.

As you drive around, observe the number of torn tattered flags, those flown 24/7 in all kinds of weather not properly lighted, and in general just hung and forgot. Take the time to properly display AND MAINTAIN the flag if you are truly proud and respectful.
Uhm.... That is the point of what I said.
Just agreeing with you and saying it another way.

Steve
Old 07-09-2008, 12:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

Oh, ok.... Gotcha.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Flags belong on a pole in your yard.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:46 PM

Bawanajim I think you need to be careful on what you preach as the picture under your name does not in any way whatsoever fit in with the flag code. Your short and bold statement does not jive!
Old 07-09-2008, 12:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

TG if the flag is touching the house as it appears, I would have to agree with you. However, it is hard to tell and it may just be an optical illusion.

Over my years of service, it has always burned by butt to see tattered flags or non-illuminated flags flying at night. I finally made it a point to carry several flags with me in my vehicle when travelling and when I saw a tattered one, I would stop and ask the owners if I could replace it for them at no cost to them. When I explained why, most would take care of it themselves immediately. When I saw a flag at night which was not illuminated, I would stop and request that they rectify it. Many were ignorant as to it having to be illuminated. 33 years of protecting that flag and the people she represents has made me a bit hyper-sensitive to the treatment of her.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:01 PM

No, I am talking about the flag and eagle symbol under his name. I personally like it as it tributes 9-11 but under the code it DOES NOT fit as I have read it through and through. So to use it against the flag code and then say it belongs on a pole next to your house is picking and choosing what you observe on the code.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: AF Hunter

TG if the flag is touching the house as it appears, I would have to agree with you. However, it is hard to tell and it may just be an optical illusion.
AF Hunter
I thinkhe was talking about my avitar.
But the picture of my house was taken to show the reflection of a flowering crab apple tree in my front yard, the flag just happened to be a bonuse.Feel free to stop by and see if it meets your standards.

Quick Reply: Is the flag on our hunting gear Disrespectful??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.