Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Predator Camo

Old 07-07-2008, 11:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Predator Camo

No problem, bud... it should serve to be a helpful link though.

One thing too --some of the above posters mentioned "too much white" in the old Fall Gray... While I actually LIKE that aspect of the pattern for treestand hunting whitetails (ever looked up at the sky and really noticed how light it is?), I understand their sentiments as well. The Fall Gray from Gray Wolf is not only printed on a top-notch material (Wolfskin.. colorfast, water-resistant, etc., etc.) it's almost like the Fall Brown Rob mentioned in his reply; it's an EXCELLENT marriage of Fall Gray and Fall Brown... in fact, it's probably closer to FB than it is to FG. But he does have the Fall Brown available as well...
Old 07-07-2008, 11:25 AM
Typical Buck

I check out that site and it seems a little bit pricey.
Old 07-07-2008, 11:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Compared to plain cotton, it is. But then again, there's no comparison.

I will literally be able to leave all my camoflauge to my kids now, and they're ages 4 and 1 currently; the quality is THAT good.

Ask a few guys who've got turned onto it in the last year or two... Justin (site admin) or Matt / PA. It's worth every penny.

Now, I'm not trying to tell you to spend more than you should on something; if it's not in your price range you're willing to spend -- don't get it. All I'm saying is the price difference between it and regular cotton is warranted.
Old 07-07-2008, 07:00 PM
Typical Buck

I can't seem to find anything on the predator site in fall brown..are they stopping that pattern or it is just not on their site?
Old 07-07-2008, 08:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Everything is custom-made to your specifications, including camo pattern. So even though you might not see it on their site when you place your order you just let Jeff know what you want and he'll make it. Personally, I wore both the Intrusion Deadfall and Intrusion Treeline and had great experiences with both of them. Greg is right though, the Wolfskin material is hand over fist better than any standard cotton material, or even fleece in many aspects. Do a search for Gray Wolf Woolens or wolfskin and you should find plenty of info on it.

Edit - whoops, misread your post. I have no idea what Predator is offering direct. Looks like they're pushing the Deception pattern pretty hard.
Old 07-07-2008, 08:43 PM
Typical Buck

oh ok thanks for the info. I didn't know think that they make whatever you want I thought it was just what is in the stores and what they offer on the site
Old 07-07-2008, 08:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have both Fall Brown and Fall Gray. I honestly doubt it makes much difference to the Deer.

They both seem to be very effective.

Dan
Old 07-07-2008, 08:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Kamil

I check out that site and it seems a little bit pricey.
Almost 100% of my Predator is Wolf Skin now.

Pricey? Yes, but more than worth it

Dan
Old 07-07-2008, 08:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Kamil... sorry for the delayed response, but just got back in.

You're correct; Predator itself has discontinued the Fall Brown pattern. The owner told me it was too close in look to Fall Gray to make it worthwhile to carry the extra stock.

Gray Wolf is about the only place I know of that still offers the Fall Brown... though, as I said earlier, their Fall Gray is more earth-toned and has more of a "tannish" base than what it prints like on cotton directly from Predator itself. It's a very nice mix of the two patterns. Just depends on your hunting style -- for me, 99.99% of my hunting is done out of a treestand, and I like the lighter background contrasted with those blocky, geographic chunks of contrasting color to obliterate my human outline from the ground looking up. If you're more of a ground-pounder, you may want to consider the Fall Brown a bit more.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

And Justin was referring to Gray Wolf when he mentioned custom-tailoring and making whatever you want -- NOT Predator. Predator sells stock, off-the-shelf stuff only.

I've had GWW, on the other hand, make me up custom neck gaitors in Fall Gray fleece,custom fanny packs in wolfskin Fall Gray,wolfskin-coveredFG & SGleather belts,and a variety of other little super-sweet accessories to complete my Predator camo obsession.

Quick Reply: Predator Camo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.