Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Advanced wildlife cams--will you buy them if you can monitor them 24/7? >

Advanced wildlife cams--will you buy them if you can monitor them 24/7?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Advanced wildlife cams--will you buy them if you can monitor them 24/7?

Old 07-05-2008, 10:26 PM
Spike

Default RE: Advanced wildlife cams--will you buy them if you can monitor them 24/7?

I know they are out and if I could afford them, I would have had least 1 already! I love to hunt and value my time in the woods, I work 6 days a week having only Saturday off. I can try at times and get out for a 1/2 day on a Sunday here or there. I run 14 cameras now. Yes there is excitement but I like to know on the properties I hunt what bucks made it thru last years hunt and what they have started to become. Having a 24/7 camera would only help me narrow what property to spend my time in if I knew there was a good buck or a few in that area and concentrate there.

When I ice fish,I also have a Aqua View as well. I am there trying to catch big perch & crappie. If it helps me fill my limit so be it. My buddys & I will be nomadic on the ice till we find them. Having the Aqua View saves alot of time seeing smaller fish come for the bait being able to yank it away from them or another fish were not interested in catching. Although many times we catch steelhead and you want to talk about a fight on a small ice fishing pole, my 31" steelie took quite sometime ticking my buddys off because we had to yank up the rods and the cameras from the steelie running every which way.
Old 07-05-2008, 10:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Advanced wildlife cams--will you buy them if you can monitor them 24/7?

Sounds like I am in the minority but I will never buy one. It seems to me that using stuff like that makes hunting into some sort of video game.
Old 07-05-2008, 10:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

The one I have seen requires you have TMobile antenna signal if memory serves me right and I can't even get a good Verizon or ATT signal so the technology isn't there for me YET.[8D]I have a good 45 minute drive and it would be nice.

I would love to have one that monitored continuously and sent images to my computer but I doubt I would ever spend that kind of money on it,I can't even talk myself into a Cuddeback yet but after walking up on mine today and it didn't even take my picture,I am getting much closer to that purchase.It did have some pictures of the farmer planting his field though.

I do enjoy getting out there and checking my camera but sometimes time is hard to come by this time of year for me.
Old 07-05-2008, 11:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

looks like the price has already dropped.http://www.nativeoutdoors.com/scoutingcameras.html?gclid=CNXvmqe-qpQCFQVvFQodMHVmtw

Old 07-06-2008, 06:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JFergus7

I would definetly use it for my property in WV. 8 hours away makes it hard make the trip just to check cameras. Once the price drops I will invest in them.
Don't be silly man, This camera would pay itself off right away. An eight hour drive, after gas and food possibly lodging, you've already dropped the price down to the level of a regular scouting camera!
Old 07-06-2008, 07:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: virginiashadow

Sounds like I am in the minority but I will never buy one. It seems to me that using stuff like that makes hunting into some sort of video game.
Iagree 100%. I think the "basic" trail cam is more than enough. I like looking foward to going in and pulling my pic card, thenbringing it home to see what's on it. That's part of the fun!
Old 07-06-2008, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah id buy one.
Old 07-06-2008, 07:55 AM
Fork Horn

I don't think I'd ever buy one, regardless of the cost.

My buddy knows a guy who has one. He watched a good buck come by at the same time for several days, then went in for one afternoon hunt and killed the buck. For me, that just takes something away from the hunt.

I can understand both sides on this and I suppose it might be similar to a guided hunt where the outfitter has a bucks routine patterned, but personally, it's not for me.
Old 07-06-2008, 08:24 AM
Typical Buck

I don't know about you all, but if I had one, I'd be addicted to it. It is like a Whitetail version of a Blackberry. You are never away from your email with the blackberry and you are never away from your trailcam with this thing.
Old 07-06-2008, 09:24 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: Advanced wildlife cams--will you buy them if you can monitor them 24/7?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.