HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Simple Debate free vote..Does Scent Lock work? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/251275-simple-debate-free-vote-does-scent-lock-work.html)

TG78 07-02-2008 07:42 AM

Simple Debate free vote..Does Scent Lock work?

I am not trying to start another long debate on personal experiences whether or not scent lock works and why but I am curious what percentage of this posting site thinks what. I am new to bowhunting but have rifle hunted for years at midwest plains ranges so I never have used it. It blows me away how many people think it is the greatest thing in the world on one hand and others think it is a complete waste of money and one of the greatest money scams in modern hunting.

I think a simple vote as debate free as possible might help make up some peoples minds. There are literally thousands of years of experience tuning in here daily and I think a percentage might show a lot.

HuntinGUS 07-02-2008 07:45 AM

RE: Simple Debate free vote..Does Scent Lock work?

Debate Free..............pffft.

Rickmur 07-02-2008 07:46 AM

Simply put, No.

GMMAT 07-02-2008 07:46 AM

You should add to your "Yes" choice....(somewhere between 1%-100%).

Does it work "some"?;)

and to your "No" choice.....(NONE);)

racewayking 07-02-2008 07:50 AM

There are some variables here. Are you asking if it is a total scent containment product or if it reduces scent? I don't believe for a second that it eliminates all scent, my Dad's Bloodhound is proof of that. I do feel it can be an assett if used properly, along with effective descenting through showers and spray with no scent products along with a breath spray.
I personally do not have a lot of Scent Blocking clothing, instead I wear as little as needed on my walk in and then layer up when I start to cool back down in my tree. I wear a new outfit everytime I go out and wash my hunting clothes after each hunt and rarely get winded.
I often ask myself this question---"How many world record animals were killed by hunters wearing scent containment clothing"? I know in the deer world that most were killed before the stuff even existed;)

TG78 07-02-2008 07:56 AM

I see your point, how can I edit the poll.

archer58 07-02-2008 08:17 AM

no comment:D

tsoc 07-02-2008 10:43 AM

In conjunction with other very disciplined and rigidscent control tactics I believe it to be effective.There are some very good hunters who are not being compensated to say so thatheartily endorse it's use.

kevin1 07-02-2008 11:02 AM

If my ass isenclosed bythe carbon infused fabricbut I can still smell it when I bust a beer fart then how effective could it be? ;)

Siman08/OH 07-02-2008 12:19 PM

wow, 13,13,0 at the moment

who woulda thunk it? ;)