Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Lone Wolf Treeestands >

Lone Wolf Treeestands

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lone Wolf Treeestands

Old 07-01-2008, 12:19 PM

Default Lone Wolf Treeestands

Whats so good about them?
Im not bashing them at all Im just curious about what makes them so good.
What makes them worth the money?
Old 07-01-2008, 12:22 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Lone Wolf Treeestands

I bought into the hype....and purchased the climbing sticks and the alpha hang-on for the 2006 season.

I think Greg/MO got a good deal on the used set. I couldn't find a way to set up safely.....and once I did.....the seat nearly broke my ass.

I've never sat in a more uncomfortable stand. I wouldn't hunt out of one if you gave it to me.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've never sat in a more uncomfortable stand. I wouldn't hunt out of one if you gave it to me.
DITTO!!!
Old 07-01-2008, 12:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe you guys are looking at different criteria than I am, but I think the new LW stands are very comfortable to hunt out of. Specifically referring to the Alpha Hang-On.

As for why I use them, here's my list:
1. Extremely lightweight in comparison to most other hang-on stands of comparable size.
2. Extremely easy to set up using a single strap and the versa-button system. No more fighting with BS ratchets, hooks, or buckles.
3. Cast aluminum platform is as silent as you can get.
4. Adjustable platform and seat for leveling when you're in a crooked tree
5. Adjustable offset bracket on the seat post also used when in a crooked tree
6. Climbing sticks pack and secure directly to the stand, making a nice clean package to carry in/out of the woods.
7. Climbings sticks are light, safe, and super easy to set up. Beats screw-in steps and ladder sticks by 10 miles.

That's all I've got. As for what Jeff said, after hunting out of a Lone Wolf I wouldn't hunt out of any other treestand if you gave one to me.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Justin, maybe Jeff will give you a good deal on one! I bought one for the upcoming season on the recomendations of you and Dukemicheals. It seems to be well made and thought out. We'll see how comfortable it is this season,but after hunting for 5 years out of cheap hang ons I can't imagine it would be bad.
Old 07-01-2008, 01:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have two Lone Wolf Alpha's and 9 climbing sticks. I can sit on them all day (if needed). They are my go to stands although I will still use my tree saddle for some spots.

My list would be identical to Justin's. Although I would add that while there is essentially nothing on them that would break it would be very easy, and inexpensive, to replace parts that may show too much wear.
Old 07-01-2008, 01:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

That's the ONLYnegative thing (that holds any water)that can be said about these stands. They are of superior costruction, super quiet, very light (probably one of the lightest), very srecure, and very easy to use. With a little imagination they can be made more comfy (I have an older one). See pic (again).
They are a bit pricey, but you usually get what you pay for.

Old 07-01-2008, 01:37 PM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: Justin

Maybe you guys are looking at different criteria than I am, but I think the new LW stands are very comfortable to hunt out of. Specifically referring to the Alpha Hang-On.

As for why I use them, here's my list:
1. Extremely lightweight in comparison to most other hang-on stands of comparable size.
2. Extremely easy to set up using a single strap and the versa-button system. No more fighting with BS ratchets, hooks, or buckles.
3. Cast aluminum platform is as silent as you can get.
4. Adjustable platform and seat for leveling when you're in a crooked tree
5. Adjustable offset bracket on the seat post also used when in a crooked tree
6. Climbing sticks pack and secure directly to the stand, making a nice clean package to carry in/out of the woods.
7. Climbings sticks are light, safe, and super easy to set up. Beats screw-in steps and ladder sticks by 10 miles.

That's all I've got. As for what Jeff said, after hunting out of a Lone Wolf I wouldn't hunt out of any other treestand if you gave one to me.
Ditto for me. I own 4 of the newer LW Alpha hang ons and believe that they are the safest, sturdiest, easy to hang, quietest, most comfortable stand on the market. I only use screw in steps.

The stand and seat are almost infinately adjustable to fit your needs.
Old 07-01-2008, 01:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I went to cabelas lastnight to purchase one but they didn't have what I wanted. I will be hitting BPS this weekend. Can't wait!!!
Old 07-01-2008, 02:01 PM
Typical Buck

I bought my first, but not my last LW hang on Alpha last year. I have used a lot of other brands with Gorilla and API being my favorites up to the LW.

Just never could make myself dole out the extra $$ seeing as I leave mine up during the season anyway and weight of the stand is not a big issue.

But after buying one, I wish I would have started buying them earlier. For me they are comfortable,very sturdy and quiet, and more adaptable to awkward tree trunks than other brands.
Very quiet.

Yep they cost more, a lot more, but as I have to replace my old hang ons, I will definitely replace with the LW.

Quick Reply: Lone Wolf Treeestands

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.