HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   True or False... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/251061-true-false.html)

quiksilver 06-30-2008 12:31 PM

True or False...

Pick one.

txjourneyman 06-30-2008 12:34 PM

RE: True or False...

I no longer hunt in my county. The question is moot. Now the county where I'll be hunting this year? I'd be pissed. The landowner is a gun only hunter. he'd sell the place if he couldn't hunt it and I'd be stuck out again!

rybohunter 06-30-2008 12:37 PM

Honestly I wouldn’t like it if my county was bow only. (actually either of the 2 counties I predominantly hunt) There are already too many deer as it is, they could never kill enough by making it bow only.

If they did make it bow only, they better implement HUGE incentives to shoot does. The season would have to run September 1 thru the end of January non-stop. I still don’t think they could kill enough deer.

wvubowhunter 06-30-2008 12:39 PM

I voted thrilled, but at the same time I know some hunters that can't get out to really bow-hunt. But at the same time there are so many "gun-hunters" that don't need to be afield, if you know what I mean.

GMMAT 06-30-2008 12:40 PM

Honestly? The land I am able to hunt IS a de-facto "bow only" area....as the landowners woudn't dream of letting me hunt there with a gun.

In reality....if my county went to bow-only.....it would only enhance my hunting. I have no problem in believing that. Would there be consequences? Sure. What I'm finding out though......is nature is a pretty good regulator of deer herds. It might not be "pretty".....but she'd do her job. I witness her doing just that.....every year, here.

TG78 06-30-2008 12:40 PM

Dope, I thought it said country.

MOTOWNHONKEY 06-30-2008 12:46 PM

C. another gay post

Germ 06-30-2008 12:49 PM

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

C. another gay post
:Dfunniest thing I read all day:D

HuntinGUS 06-30-2008 12:50 PM

I would not be happy if that happened.

some but not all of the Reasons..............

It's easier for kids to gun hunt when getting started.
It helps keep the older folks in the field longer.
I like killing deer with my 30.06 :D
Tradition
I enjoy the holiday that is "Gun Season"
It's easier..........not a bad thing
I like to hear the soud of guns being fired in Nov.
Something different.

chrowski 06-30-2008 12:52 PM

In NJ when shotgun starts, the deer become something else. Keen to every slightest motion you make....while before the guns start going off, they're none the wiser and you could probably be talking to yourself and they'd still approach you.....it'd be pretty nice to have the clueless deer all year long.