HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   What do you struggle with more as a bowhunter? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/250628-what-do-you-struggle-more-bowhunter.html)

JoeRE 06-26-2008 11:18 AM

What do you struggle with more as a bowhunter?

Envy, or Arrogance?

I am rarely envious of others in regard to bowhunting but I have to admit I think I have it all down pat sometimes. As a bowhunter I have had an awesome 8 years and counting. However, it does not take much to remind me of my inconsistancies and I am glad of that.

Time for some self reflection[:-]

tsoc 06-26-2008 11:20 AM

RE: What do you struggle with more as a bowhunter?

Actually if had to choose I would say envy.I envy hunters who live in exceptional deer hunting area's.Certainly not from any way that is bitter! It would just be excellent if I was in some of the area's of the country that were considered the best.

130woodman 06-26-2008 11:25 AM

X2
I help when I can and I'm happy for others success

ORIGINAL: tsoc

Neither!

PreacherTony 06-26-2008 11:25 AM

ORIGINAL: tsoc

Neither!
I'm with tsoc ...... neither ....not even close .....

tsoc 06-26-2008 11:29 AM

I guess I shouldn't have edited so fast,I have two of my buddies agreeing with my original comment.I would never be envious of some ones success! Ijust wouldn't mind being able to regularly hunt in certain area's of the country.

GMMAT 06-26-2008 11:29 AM

Neither.

"I" am not the one to play up OR down what I do. In fact....I say all the time how I think it's not that hard. I don't think that's arrogant. Others may disagree. I got humbled real good last year when I WAS arrogant...and/or cocky....or too sure of how my year was gonna unfold. I admit to that....as I have in the past. I won't ever do that, again.

I am envoious of no one for anything .....especially their hunting grounds. I have it REALLY good where I am.

Sooner State Hunter 06-26-2008 11:31 AM

Neither - toofocused on whatI am doing to be envious of others and too many times of eating crow and humble pie to be arrogant :eek:

Vabowman 06-26-2008 11:36 AM

I do get envious of guys who killed big deer with their bows and really only bow hunt b/c it gives them some time to kill before the dogs and shotguns come out. You have to live where I live to understand this. I bowhunt b/c to me it is the peace that I seek more than anything, I do gun hunt with dogs as well, but it really is b/c around here you have too. You said be truthful so I am. As far arrogant, hell I don't have anything to be arrogant about, 20 years of bow hunting and Im still seeking advice on lots of things and learning, and that is the way I want it.

wis_bow_huntr 06-26-2008 12:13 PM

Im guilty of being envious

Siman08/OH 06-26-2008 12:33 PM

Neither,

truthfully, i have to deal with my excitement first. This upcoming year will be my 3rd with a bow, the first was awesome, the second was less successful but i learned alot, and i cant wait for the 3rd. I am pretty envious of a lot of guys, but i know if i work at it then someday ill have a "Trophy Wall" to make people envious.