Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What do you struggle with more as a bowhunter? >

What do you struggle with more as a bowhunter?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What do you struggle with more as a bowhunter?

Old 06-27-2008, 09:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What do you struggle with more as a bowhunter?

I began hunting on my own, with the absence of ego. I continue on today, knowing I have a slightly below average place to hunt, but that is ok with me. I have no other options and at least god let me have a chance to hunt somewhere, I am thankful....other than maybe a little envious of someone who has a 1000 acre farm to hunt by themselves, I really have no problems. I am not envious of them personally, I would just love that someday. I am the only one getting up at 4am and walking into the woods to spend the day, and in reality noone really cares if I shoot a deer other than me.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:11 AM

I must admit I do get envious of guys with access to good hunting land, why I dont know. I have always had a hard time finding good places to hunt, I do good every year as far as seeing and getting a few deer.
The closest public land is 1 hr away from me, the only private land I have to hunt is ont the edge of a neighborhood so at 8 oclock when the neighbors get out the hunts over with, and you can forget about an evening hunt. I guess i get kinda upset cuz when I started hunting there 10 years ago there was only 2 houses and I had access to 75 acres by myself.....but I guess ya cant stop time and progress.
I also do good on the public lands, just hate the fact that I drive past all kinda deer woods to get there. I guess I could save and join a club but, I dont wanna deal with all the club crap.....
Old 06-27-2008, 10:55 AM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

Most bow hunters are ignorant, they seem to have blinders on. They cannot see there are other things that we can hunt with, when you get old ,our you body breaks down from injuries. They think they are the only people that can be in the woods during archery season. God forbid that you folks get OLD. Rich
Old 06-27-2008, 10:58 AM

I do not struggle with either envy or arrogance. I do however struggle with the .029 pin that I am using. I need to get a .019 pin.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:06 AM
Bartender

Patience shooting my bow I am like a recurve dude with a compound.[:@]
Old 06-27-2008, 11:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

RWK--"Most bow hunters are ignorant, they seem to have blinders on. They cannot see there are other things that we can hunt with, when you get old ,our you body breaks down from injuries. They think they are the only people that can be in the woods during archery season. God forbid that you folks get OLD. Rich"

Would you say that about all types of hunters or just bowhunters in general?
Old 06-27-2008, 11:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I can honestly say that I have no struggles as a bowhunter.I keep it as simple as possible.I shoot whatI want to shoot(as long as it's legal),I don't put any pressures on myself whatsoever to fill tags,I don't regard hunting as a top priority(more important things in life),I enjoy the time in the woods and time spent with family and friends,and my equipment choices are my choices--not somebody elses or what some "pro t.v. hunter" uses
Old 06-27-2008, 11:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BigJ71

Guys....guys......I'm amazed this type of thread even had to be created....and even more amazed at some of the answers!

This is a pastime, it's a recreation, it doesn't define us as people. I hunt for one person and one person only...ME and I do it for the pure joy of being outdoors and taking in God's wonderful creations. If someone else chooses to participate in the same activities as me I'm happy for them as we have common ground and a foundation for conversation. I don't envy or show arrogance toward others, why?because I don't "keep score" of what I'm doing.... This isn't asport. (in the true sense of the word)Therehas been awhole lot of self absorbed, spiteful, insecure and egotistical folks postingon theboards lately.

I've said this before and those who know me know I've never wavered from this stance.....Bowhunters (as a whole) are the most elitist minded snobby hunters there are.You guys are missing the "big picture" you can'tsee the forest for the trees. The folks who are on the outside looking in thinkyou are all (and you know who you are) a bunch of damn fools..........shame.[:'(]

Now ther is some Bowhunting GOSPEL!

Good stuff as always, John
Old 06-27-2008, 11:40 AM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

Vshadow, you bring up a good point, for me its the Ny bowhunter assoc. they have stopped early muzzle season and crossbows, they have to much lobbing power in this state. Rich
Old 06-27-2008, 11:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well I wish I had more time to hunt so guys that have a lot of time I guess I wish I had it like that, but I wouldn't really call it envy. The time thing goes across the board though not just for hunting I wish I had more time to spend with the kids, more time for the wifey, more time to sleep, more time to relax with a cold beverage with nothing pressing to do. A man can dream can't he?

I like your post earlierDuke, it seems for me that life always takes priority overhuntingand that's not a bad thing, just life. Yeah I missed nearly the entire spring gobbler season for t-ball this year and the funny thing is I didn't mind missing the birds but I wouldn't have missed the t-ball for the world. Right now the kids want to be with me, like I'm the center of thier world but I know a day will come when they will outgrow me withfriends, hobbies, and such I'm sure they will be too busy for old dad. I'll just go hunting then I guess, if I feel like it.

Quick Reply: What do you struggle with more as a bowhunter?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.