Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Phil Phillips!!!!!!!! >

Phil Phillips!!!!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Phil Phillips!!!!!!!!

Old 06-25-2008, 03:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Phil Phillips!!!!!!!!

ORIGINAL: huntingson

Phil Phillips is a first class guy. He used to guide for elk around where we hunt in CO and long story short he has always been very kind before and after he got his big break with Scent-Blocker. Everyone makes excuses for why they missed... something about casting the first stone comes to mind

I do think that TV personalities should be upfront and honest, but let's also try to remember that we are all human and therefore prone to error.
You are right! Phil is an Ok guy. I really doubt any of us are perfect, but if we aren't in front of a camera we can always pretend

Dan
Old 06-25-2008, 03:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yea nice nostril shot crack lick. How far off do you have to be to hit a cape buffalo in the snout? Nice shooting Tex.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:42 PM

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

ORIGINAL: MOmightymite

I'm not trying to make excuses for the guy, but damn people a 1,200 lb cape buffalo was running at him full bore. Yea the shot sucked but seriously if that happened to most of us on here i bet we couldnt make the shot either. I would probably be changing my pants after that!The second shot put him down in seconds.
That's enough of that!! Don't try to be Logical on here

The Ethics police wouldn't get to blow their little whistles

Dan
You're right. What was I thinking!
Old 06-25-2008, 03:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

So let me make sure I understand this.... he shot a Cape Buffalo in the snout with an arrow... which obviously did likely little more than shave a few nose hairs and really sour its mood.

So it goes into the swamp to blow its nose and they follow it (as law requires in most African countries) and in typical Mbogo fashion it charges.

And this dude shot (and killed before being killed himself) the same Cape Buffalo WITH A BOW???? Its no mean feat of cool nerves with a rifle but a bow.... no way! I don't think I can let myself believe it! Is this how it went down?
Old 06-25-2008, 04:55 PM
Fork Horn

yea i saw that and he said he will be hosting two more shows of which i forget which ones he said maybe one was a cabelas show or something? i cant remember but hey guys hes a "COWBOY and there aint nothing thats gunna slow him down" LOL that cracks me up at the beginning of his show.
Old 06-25-2008, 05:31 PM
Dominant Buck

That must have been a rerun. I think I saw it last fall. Yup, a terrible shot no doubt. The thing that puzzles me, I'm not sure, but I think he used to be a tournament shooter and was pretty dang good. I might be wrong but I think so. I hate his weasel type beard and that stupid hat, but he isn't all that bad on everything. I don't like him but do believe he was a world class shooter at one time. He should speak the truth though. That was some kind of bad miss. The guide must have thought..."HOLY Crappolla".
Old 06-25-2008, 05:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

He should speak the truth though.
David.

Thats the one reason you and I will never host a TV hunting show
Old 06-25-2008, 09:01 PM
Spike

did his big hat get in the way of the shot????

Phil never was with Robinson Labs, Scent Blocker. I think your meaning Scent Lok.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just have to ask.. so is his full name Philip Phillips.. cause if it is.. it's a stupid name.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: dukemichaels

I just have to ask.. so is his full name Philip Phillips.. cause if it is.. it's a stupid name.
You could tell him![8D]

Dan

Quick Reply: Phil Phillips!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.