Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hunting pranks... >

Hunting pranks...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting pranks...

Old 06-25-2008, 08:56 AM

Default RE: Hunting pranks...

hahahah say if your hunting with three people pitch dark 4 o'clock in themorning....getting in to the prank with another guy and tell the 3rd guy were everyonestaking a stand.....then under the cover of darkness meet the 2nd guy near the 3rd guys stand in pitch dark...then start moving trees, yelling likebig foot,smashing rocks together....then when it starts to get lighter out run to your stands...but don't get to close to the 3rd guys stand youdon't want an accedent over something stupidlike a prank if you know what i mean...

then when you meet at the trucks for lunch he'll tell you of a story when he heard big foot early in the morning....
Old 06-25-2008, 09:07 AM
Fork Horn

My cousin once dressed up in a gorilla suite and walked in front of one of my trailcams (supposed to be bigfoot). We had a pretty good laugh about that when I showed him the pictures.
Old 06-25-2008, 12:28 PM

i was gutting my first deer ever and i cut the male parts off of it and saved them. when i biked to school i found our top wrestlers car this old red p.o.s. toyota and put the whole assembly of parts on his hood. he was super pissed but i didn't get beat up to bad in wrestling for that.
Old 06-25-2008, 12:46 PM
Bartender

Setup for the coffee maker to go off at 02:30 am once in the motel. Friend who was an IBM C.E. heard that thing go off jumped up and got into the shower.
Me and Dad were doing our best to stay quiet until he came out and all of a sudden SOB. We busted out so damn bad.
Another time Dad and another friend were watching tv and both were under the covers in each owns bed of course. Well dad had the remote and would turn off the tv.
Well were all laying there and he would turn that tv off and chris would get up and turn it back on. We would sit there a bit and dad would turn it backoff then same thing would happen chris would get up and turn it on. Chris was getting so mad at the tv funny chit. Well dad says hell with its time for bed anyways so chris excepts that. So it gets real quit and all of a sudden you hear that noise of the tv and dad
had turned its oldarseon. Chris lets out this you M.F. and we were in tears laughing so damn hard. I have many more but man this is hard with him being gone.

I do wish I would of put dubyya little ass tent inside the bigger tent while he was gone at the get together.

T
Old 06-25-2008, 05:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

This one goes back about 20 years or so when my dad and uncles were alot crazier than they are today. Deer camp back then was about partying mostly, and occasionally somebody would go hunting. We used to camp out of this 1967 International Bus that was converted to a hunting bus, with 4 beds, a cardtable, etc.

My dad's uncle Stubby has a really bad snoring problem. For 20 years, everyone at deer camp had to suffer through Stubby's snoring all night long.

Then one year, Stubby (who was about 55 years old at the time) shows up at deer camp with this brand new shiny CPAP machine that's supposed to cure his snoringand sleep apnea. The first day, Stubbywas drinking Crown Royale all day, and he got "tired". He put on his mask and passed out in the back of the bus. We were all waiting around to see if this machine would actually cure Stubby's snoring.

Then my dad's hippy bowhunter friend stopped by the Bus and decided to roll a joint - you know, for old times sake. Me and my dad are playing cards and drinking Coke and Budweiser respectivelywhile this guy re-lives Woodstock. All the while, Uncle Stubby ispassed out with his CPAP oxygen mask over his face - snoring like crazy! I mean the windows were rattling in that bus....

Hippie Guy goes "Does he always snore like that?" My dad said "Yep, I've been putting up with it for 20 years!".

Hippie Guy says "I know how to make him stop."

Next thing you know, Hippie guy is toking awayand blowing the smoke directly into into Stubby's C-Pap mask. We're all in tears laughing as Uncle Stubby starts moaning and groaning in his sleep. And about a minute later, the snoring magically stopped for the rest of the night. First night in 20 years of deer camp this guys has not snored!

The next morning, UncleStub woke up refreshed saying how great he slept because of that machine! Everyone laughed pretty hard but he never knew why....
Old 06-25-2008, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

My brother fell asleep in a ground blind once so I stalked up real quiet and took his rifle. LOL. You should have seen the look on his face when I "came up" the trail to come get him. LOL. I wish he was still with us....good times.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:02 PM
Typical Buck

OK, I have two.

1) Monday is the first day in PA...its Monday night after the 1st day and Monday Night Football comes on. My buddy, who has hunted all day makes it to the beginning of the second quarter. Being a Dolphin fan, and they were playing, I had to watch it all. Here along the shores of Lake Erie, the snow machine was kickin' in with about 6 inches on the ground at the end of game, which was around midnight. As I looked out the door, the snow was still falling and off went the light bulb. Now, you have to know this person, his biggest fear...waking up and the not being in his stand before daylight. So if that gives you any insight, I moved all the clocks to about 5:30am, which was about 15 minutes AFTERhe wanted to get up. Keep in mind it is shortly after midnight. So I jump up, run around not being able to find my gear arfter 10 minutes and he is ready to go...so with the snow coming down I give the "Go ahead without me, I don't want to hold you up !".....out the front door he goes, rifle in hand racing to the stand...as he turns the driveway I yell out...."Its only midnight, you may want to get some sleep !"

2) Went hunting witha guy and we hung this stand on his property like a few days before we hunted. Me not be real familiar with the property, this was easy to pull off...for the most part. So we seperate, him going his way and me heading back to my stand. I climb in, pull up my bow, and hear a faint noise. I look down in the creek and here is this buck. I give a soft grunt and he walks 10 yard broadside, zip, and the arrow goes right thru the chest cavity. Now, this all took no more than 4 minutes. The buck goes off and crashes within 70 yards. I head back to where we seperated and searched for my friend in his stand. I find him and he is sitting there with this "What the heck are you doing" look. I told him I couldn't find my stand and if he would walk me too it...I couldn't believe he was throwing things at me. He climbs down and when we start walking, I told him what had just happened.

Old 06-25-2008, 09:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've never pulled it off.. but someday Justin is gonna feel this one or maybe peakrut.

I'm gonna plant a rake smack down on the trail he walks into his stand the night before.. then in the morning as he walks into his set.... BAMO... right in the kisser!
Old 06-25-2008, 09:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've always thought it would be funny to put a decoy of a huge buck about 25 yards from a buddies stand in the middle of the night right before opening morning.

Then, as the night slowly turns to daybreak on opening morning, see how pumped up he gets when he THINKS he has a booner at 25 yards! I think that would be hillarious.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hmmm, I have used many in my day.

I have waited for people that I knew would be hunting and walking after me and would hit a grunt call or snort wheeze as they walk in and scared the heck out of them.

Taken bow ropes off of trees knowing they would be relying on it being there, or tied the bow rope on a limb part way up the tree.

Used the ghetto puppet can one time to make another hunter think there was a hot doe in the area. I was in a tree about 60 yards from where another hunter has permission. I could barely see him and he had his back to me so I hit the can call a few times and then waited thirty seconds and hit a grunt call. I watched him pick his bow and go into stealth mode ready to fire. I did this every ten minutes or so for close to an hour until he got out of his tree and started looking where the other guy was

Put Fox Urine on my dads boot bottoms as well as ex father in law. One didn't have any issues but the other had a fox dancing under his tree marking the area and driving him nuts.

My favorite by far when sharing property is to make fake scrapes and rubs on spots that I know the bucks aren't traveling often, leave my scent and brag about the huge buck I saw just outta bow range from the stand near the faux sign. It might be dirty and DT like but you should always scout your property, not show up opening week asking where they are at.

Quick Reply: Hunting pranks...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.