Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Very young, or very old, tell us about YOU >

Very young, or very old, tell us about YOU

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Very young, or very old, tell us about YOU

Old 06-25-2008, 08:06 AM
Site Buck Guru

Default RE: Very young, or very old, tell us about YOU

ORIGINAL: _Dan

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

You need a hug, Dan
Jeff, normally I would say yes....but this morning is different. I feel as if I have been born again. The birds seem to be singing louder and more happily than ever. The flowers have brighter and more vibrant colors than I have ever seen. It was just this morning that I saw a doe with her two fawns frolicking in the meadow behind the office here.

Today is going to be a good day....I can see it, feel it, smell it and even taste it.
Dear Dan,
Please send me some of whatever you're ingesting. The way my work day is going I could certainly use it.

Please hurry!

Thanks!
Old 06-25-2008, 08:07 AM

Just funning, Dan.....and further referencing your Stuart Varney line......"And that's.....OK!"
Oh geeze....I hope you know I was too. If I actually talked like that every day, then yes....I would need a hug.

One correction though.....its Stuart Smalley.....

Old 06-25-2008, 08:08 AM

I’m 42. I’ve chased whitetails for 27 years. I came up bird hunting before that. Born in Iowa. Also lived in Wisconsin and hunted there for years. Currently I’ve been in Indiana the past 15+ years but I hunt several states in the Midwest.

Hunting is a pretty solitary thing for me. I came to it on my own and although for many years I hunted with my Dad and step brother they have kind of fallen off the past 6 years and don’t hunt. I on the other hand live to hunt.

I’m in the woods almost every weekend year round doing something. I’m also usually managing preference points in multiple states every year trying to get back to the monsters.

It’s all about the journey for me these days.

Of course I always hope that journey leads to hands on big antlers.
Old 06-25-2008, 08:09 AM

ORIGINAL: GregH

You need a hug, Dan
Jeff, normally I would say yes....but this morning is different. I feel as if I have been born again. The birds seem to be singing louder and more happily than ever. The flowers have brighter and more vibrant colors than I have ever seen. It was just this morning that I saw a doe with her two fawns frolicking in the meadow behind the office here.

Today is going to be a good day....I can see it, feel it, smell it and even taste it.
Dear Dan,
Please send me some of whatever you're ingesting. The way my work day is going I could certainly use it.

Please hurry!

Thanks!

It was Joe's bottle of Grey Goose. [8D]
Old 06-25-2008, 08:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

You need a hug, Dan

Dear Dan,

Please hurry!

Thanks!
Iknow what it is, but its not legal here.
Old 06-25-2008, 08:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Im 42, (short term)I started at age 13
no one to learn from but by ear. self taught. VERY hard road learning everything. went from a recurve to wheeled bows. seen the deer population explode and alot of new inovations in equipment evolve in thos years. im hunting till i cant no more
Old 06-25-2008, 08:34 AM
Dominant Buck

One correction though.....its Stuart Smalley.....
Corrected....and duly noted!
Old 06-25-2008, 09:07 AM

I'm 25, started off with my dad watching him squirrel hunt, then by myself with a single shot 28 gu. Then rifle hunting whitetailswith my dad and brother at 12-13. Picked up a bow in 99 my junior year of hs,and self taught. Most of my hunting has been solo since then except for the wife once in a while. My brother has dropped off hunting, enjoys trout fishing(we're still able to spend time together doing this), my dad is busy with work/farmimg. My hunting has dropped off considerably over the years also. Was just getting into bowhunting then went to college and didn't have the time.Been out of college for two years now and have 2 daughters under 2 that are the center of my world as I feel they should be. Last year I wasn't able to get into the woods that often due to family time and don't even have the real urge yet this year(real depressing, missing that feeling). I enjoy the outdoors and hope that one day I can get the wife and daughters back into the woods.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

I was born a poor black child ........
Old 06-25-2008, 09:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

You need a hug, Dan

Dear Dan,

Please hurry!

Thanks!

It was Joe's bottle of Grey Goose. [8D]

I knew you would like it!

Quick Reply: Very young, or very old, tell us about YOU

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.