Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 On the lighter side...."Weird" stuff coming down the trail? >

On the lighter side...."Weird" stuff coming down the trail?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

On the lighter side...."Weird" stuff coming down the trail?

Old 06-24-2008, 01:41 PM
Dominant Buck

Default On the lighter side...."Weird" stuff coming down the trail?

Just needed to hear something funny......so I thought I'd ask....

What's the weirdest animal/thing you've seen coming intp your setup? I've seen cats.....dogs.....and not much else. I watched a TV hunting show where a guy had a donkey come down the trail into his set....lol.

I posted photos of my turkey hunt where the cows overtook my blind......and WAIT....(OMG)...OK...I DID have the mad dumper Poaching neighbor)take a **** 30yds from my tree.

What about you? Horse? Giraffe? Guy in blue undies?
Old 06-24-2008, 01:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: On the lighter side...."Weird" stuff coming down the trail?

a 3 legged feral hog.
Old 06-24-2008, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Back in Indiana I had a hog come up on me one time. It got loose from the neighbors farm. Other than than, not much else in Indiana. Here in Illinois, I hunt a buddies farm that borders a walking trail. One evening I had two kids come in the timber from the trail (I was about 40 yards from the walking trail) and start making it. I figured I would just let them have their fun, I only had about 20 minutes of light left. I decided to let them know I was there when the girl started to take her shirt off. Both of them screamed and took off running, but the shirt was left behind. I don't know how she explained that one to her parents when she got home.
Old 06-24-2008, 01:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not really "weird" but pretty cool I think. I had a mother bobcat with 5 kittens come into range and they all spent well over an hour close enough to watch. All the kittens were already the size of a small house cats, and were very playful with each other. One of the coolest things I've ever seen in the woods to be honest.

Old 06-24-2008, 01:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Had 2 dogs come running thru one evening. The strange thing is they both had cow bells attached to there collars. I thought a heard of cattle was coming my way. It was LOUD!
Old 06-24-2008, 01:50 PM

Shetland Pony

I got all excited as I saw a patch of brown coming[]
Old 06-24-2008, 01:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

A 190 inch buck that I couldn't shoot cause I already filled my tag
Old 06-24-2008, 01:57 PM

I've had a pair of fisher walk by at about 50 yds out, not common at all around me, only ones I've seen. Had a neighbor walk under me, he was practically under me by the time he seen me.
Old 06-24-2008, 01:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

not really weird but a little different, i once had 5 possums come past my stand in one night. oh and seeing a coyote chasing a yearling doe/button buck was pretty neat
Old 06-24-2008, 02:00 PM

I’ve had a couple close calls with skunks through the years. As a kid sitting on a fencerow in the rain I had a skunk come right up behind me. I mean right there too. I’ve also come close to stepping on them when walking out at night from bow hunting.

But the funniest story I can remember was bow hunting a lease in southern Indiana years ago.

It was a small lease around 40 acres or so but one day I had some people trespass through on horseback.

I could have screamed and yelled from the stand and run them off but it was early afternoon and I didn’t want to alert every deer in the area where I was.

They came right by me and never knew I was there but when the horses crossed my path to the stand the lead horse reared up very disturbed.

They calmed them down and went on and out of the area.

I didn’t think anything more of it of it.

Later on that night I came to find out that a bottle offox cover scent had leaked in my fanny pack and drained out. It’s hard to imagine I didn’t smell it as it happened but the pockets were somewhat sealed at least for a time. Unfortunately it drained through my truck seat as well.

I thought back to the horse and I had to laugh.

Can you imagine what was going through that horses mind.

JESUS! THERE ARE FOX EVERYWHERE! RUN! RUN! THERE MUST BE A THOUSAND!

I laughed for a long time about that. After I finally got the smell out of the truck. [/b]

Quick Reply: On the lighter side...."Weird" stuff coming down the trail?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.