Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What part do you do best? >

What part do you do best?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What part do you do best?

Old 06-23-2008, 01:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default What part do you do best?

Out of all of the aspects of hunting what do you do the best in your mind?
Which part do you enjoy doing the best?

For me, I think that I guide/put buddies on deer/strategy the best. I seem to know where to put my pals when we have a group. Alot of times it means that I don't get my best seat, but I love getting the txt message or walkie call. The last two years I have put a good deer in front of the same hunter, much to the disapointment of some other guys in camp. I also put a new hunter on his first deer twice last year.

The part that I like the best is the preparation. The food plots, the minerals, the cameras, its all so much fun and makes the year go by that much faster. I like joining the guys up in other parts of the year for one common cause: to make the hunting and experience better in the fall.
Old 06-23-2008, 01:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What part do you do best?

I think my best atribute as a bowhunter is my ability to stay on stand for long periods of time/patience. No doubt.
Old 06-23-2008, 01:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

I am best at drawing mosquitoes away from the deer, and have them buzz around my head all evening. That way the deer aren’t annoyed with them.

I most enjoy the drive to the taxidermist sometime around the beginning of November, then again in March.
Old 06-23-2008, 01:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

im like you ben, im awesome at putting others in front of big deer unlike myself lol although i love prepping stand sites, food plots and bait stations
Old 06-23-2008, 01:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

I am best at drawing mosquitoes away from the deer, and have them buzz around my head all evening. That way the deer aren’t annoyed with them.
Very considerate of you[8D]

For me, it would have to be the prep. I love planting plots/clearing for new plots, putting out minerals, etc. I just enjoy working the land (I think I have some farmer in me). If it means me taking a nice buck in the fall, all the more sweeter it is. If not, I'm ok with that as well. That and I think I'm a pretty terrible hunter

Old 06-23-2008, 01:39 PM

I'm not very good yet. I am hoping to gain a lot more experience this year.
Old 06-23-2008, 01:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Where the hell is the all of the above button??????
Old 06-23-2008, 01:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: kickin_buck

Where the hell is the all of the above button??????
lol
Old 06-23-2008, 02:32 PM
Fork Horn

i spend far more time thinking of strategy and what not than i ever spend in the woods, and i get just as much enjoyment if not more enjoyment out of guiding hunts or taking kids out for their first bucks.

good post "bowtechben"
Old 06-23-2008, 02:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I voted the hunt, this will be the first year that I will be guiding for someone and giving up my best stands in hopes to get the call that someone whacked one!Can't wait it will be exciting!

Quick Reply: What part do you do best?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.