Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 which one is better?? >

which one is better??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

which one is better??

Old 06-20-2008, 08:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: which one is better??

I always thought golf was a wimpy/baby sport until I tried it. Boy was I wrong!!! I have the utmost respect for anybody that can succeed in this sport. I always thought If I can drive a softball over the fence I could easily play golf. The 1st time I tried it, it took me 6 or 7 swings to hit the damn ball. I'm for the most part pretty athletic and able to play most sports with ease but golf is a another story. I can hit the ball but never in the right direction.

So the answer to your question Landon is a bad day of shooting my recurve is way better then a good day of golf with me. I suck that bad at golf!![8D]
Old 06-20-2008, 10:23 PM

not sure. never played golf, heard it fun though....Hey I ve hunted on the edge of a golf course.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

When it comes to golf I hit in the 30's. But thats damn cold for golfing!
When asked what my handicap is, I reply "my intelligence"

I just wish I could golf with my bow!

Old 06-20-2008, 11:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oh, that would be a very EASY one!!!! Definitely my shooting. I'm a far better archer than golfer. And that's not saying I'm good at either, just that I'm much better at one vs. the other.
Old 06-21-2008, 04:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

Well I'd have to say golf on this one [8D]. It's what I do for a living. I'm a PGA Professional. I also own/operate a golf course here in NY. I've been all over the planet playing on mini tours, had a few stints at Q-school, qualifiers for tour events, etc.... Been so close to making it to the PGA tour, but never quite got there. I just recently made it through local qualifiers for the US Open. Didn't have a chance in sectionals though (played terrible). I'll keep plugging away. Maybe someday I'll get there. If the saying "hard work pays off" is true, I'm good to go. Aside from Vijay Singh, I don't know of anyone that works harder at their golf game than me.

Old 06-21-2008, 06:07 AM
Dominant Buck

It's what I do for a living.
You PLAY for a living.....or own/operate/teach?

That's cool on the Q-school thing. What year/stage did you get the furthest? I asked before....but you never said. That's a tough gig.

I've done the Monday qualifier thing.....and that kinda reminds me of the caddy swim day on Caddyshack. I think they shut the pool down for the caddies for fifteen minutes. Last Monday Q'er I did had 154 players for 2 spots.

Did you ever make one of the Monday qualifiers? Which event?

Old 06-21-2008, 06:28 AM
Fork Horn

The last time I played golf I might as well had been hunting, I spent most of my time in the woods. I'll stick with shooting thank you.
Old 06-21-2008, 06:51 AM

NY Bowhunter, no disrespect, Im not following, you said your were a PGA pro, yet you have not made the PGA Tour?? I know nothing about golf, how do you do that?? Please don't think Im being an *ss, I really don't understand how it works. Can you be a pro without doing the tour??
Old 06-21-2008, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Golf???

I suspect, to me, it compares to watchin' freakin paint dry.
jmho

LT
Old 06-21-2008, 07:17 AM

Oh I am with LT, I can't watch it for sure, I have never played it, but I always wanted to try it once. I did watch the highlights of Tiger and that other guy, that was cool.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.