Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Who uses and API climbing stand? >

Who uses and API climbing stand?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who uses and API climbing stand?

Old 06-18-2008, 07:06 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Who uses and API climbing stand?

I have 2 one with the swing out front bar so it is completely out of the way when hunting with a swing up foot rest,i really like both of them,but like someslse mentioned you want to make sure that you use the strap on the top piece because it is so light that while standing you could cause it to fall around your feet,I also have two oldman climders.As far as safety restraints anyone hunting from a stand should really invest in a qualit full containment safty harness or better still a safty vest.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

I have one. Like the stand itself...... Absolutely HATE the chains. Dumbest idea ever in a climbing stand IMHO.

The API needs new shrink tubing on the chain but thats it, its barely been used.
And you'll barely use it again and need new tubing, and you'll barely use it again and need new tubing, and you'll............ so on and so on and so on. Bunch of crap!
What are you climbing concrete trees? I have had mine for 5 years and still have the original chain and tubing. And I hunt A LOT, and climb a lot of trees with it. I love mine!!
Old 06-18-2008, 08:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: jmbuckhunter

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

I have one. Like the stand itself...... Absolutely HATE the chains. Dumbest idea ever in a climbing stand IMHO.

The API needs new shrink tubing on the chain but thats it, its barely been used.
And you'll barely use it again and need new tubing, and you'll barely use it again and need new tubing, and you'll............ so on and so on and so on. Bunch of crap!
What are you climbing concrete trees? I have had mine for 5 years and still have the original chain and tubing. And I hunt A LOT, and climb a lot of trees with it. I love mine!!

I agree....I can get at least 5 years from a set and I use the heck out of it.
Old 04-25-2010, 09:49 PM
Spike

that case was my dad and i was 11 at the time and it wasnt his first time hunting. my mom asked for a recall before she sued them and they wouldnt do it so she sued. get your facts straight and watch wait you say. so **** off
Old 04-26-2010, 03:13 AM
Dominant Buck

So you found this website, went back in the archives 2 years to resurrect an old thread so you could make your first and only post. Why am I thinking this isn't all on the up and up. LOL
Old 04-26-2010, 09:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ashleybell02
that case was my dad and i was 11 at the time and it wasnt his first time hunting. my mom asked for a recall before she sued them and they wouldnt do it so she sued. get your facts straight and watch wait you say. so **** off
Now I know why I received the lovely PM from you!
Old 04-26-2010, 09:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Old thread ,but for API owners who have problems w/ the shrinkwrap coming off, heres what I did , strip the shrink wrap completely off the chains, and lube them up good w/ petro jelly, then slip some 5/8 black rubber laundry machine hoses over it, it will never wear off. just remember to leave about 10''s bare on both ends, so it can go back into the stand. I Use my API all the time, its 12 y/o, but its held up way better than the POS summit I bought 2 years ago. I dont know if all summits are like this, but mine is a freakin lemon to say the least. the paint has almost all peeled off where I didnt put silencing tape on it. not one bit of the original finish ever flaked off my api. Also. the summit climbing teeth are rounded, not pointy like the api, and it slips bad on all but the softest bark, and on all wet bark. freakin noisy as hell too, and the thing doesnt fit together as good and flat as the api, and it tends to stick together too. only thing I like better, is the cable set up is alot easier to use, but the shrik wrap is almost all wore off too, and its rust city. Anyone want to buy a summit...CHEAP!!!! Im really looking at getting a timbertall this year, I like almost everything about them.

Last edited by DeerandbearhoG; 04-28-2010 at 08:27 AM.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:25 AM
Fork Horn

I have the exact stand from the settlement, and LOVE it! API Grand Slam Shootin' Star. Extremely comfortable and the thing grips trees like crazy. I replaced the shrink wrap with clear, thin-walled vinyl tubing. You have to pull out the plastic plugs in order for the chain/tubing to fit back in the channels. I don't think this stuff will ever wear out and now it is quieter to climb with because there is no loose or tattered shrink wrap to grab the bark. Been using this stand for ~15yrs. Not a single problem with it.

I would not hesitate to own another API.
Old 10-29-2010, 03:50 AM
Spike

actually it is on the up and up and i was googling my dad to get info on my scholarship fund that i have (since he died not in the line of duty) and i came across this site where just because you guys hunt with tree stands you think that you know everything. Well 5 men died the exact same way and the company that made the harness told the company that manufactured the tree stand that they did safety checks when they didn't and there was a defect in the problem with the latch. So please learn your facts before you post.
Old 10-29-2010, 10:24 AM
Fork Horn

I just bought an api bowhunter from Bass Pro. I love it. First climber and its great. Very stable, and never seems to slip.

Quick Reply: Who uses and API climbing stand?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.