Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Help me out guys.  Not excited about it this year. >

Help me out guys. Not excited about it this year.

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Help me out guys. Not excited about it this year.

Old 06-16-2008, 08:11 PM

Default RE: Help me out guys. Not excited about it this year.

qzq, I'm sorry to hear that man. My dad is my hunting partner also and I can't even imagine being in a position like that. My thoughts and prayers go out to you guys.
If I were you, I'd step outside and fling a few arrows as often as possible, just because it's relaxing . . might help ease your mind and maybe even bring some motivation back in the process. Good luck to you and your dad. I hopeeverything works out.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: joshw020

qzq, I'm sorry to hear that man. My dad is my hunting partner also and I can't even imagine being in a position like that. My thoughts and prayers go out to you guys.
If I were you, I'd step outside and fling a few arrows as often as possible, just because it's relaxing . . might help ease your mind and maybe even bring some motivation back in the process. Good luck to you and your dad. I hopeeverything works out.
Well put Josh!! Look at it this way once- When your out hunting this year dedicate it to your dad. Make him proud and do it for him. Make it a goal for yourself that your not only hunting for yourself but your out there for your dad also. Tell him you want to dedicate this year to him even if he's still able to hunt this year. Hunt in the honor of your dad. I would be honored myself If my daughter would tell me that some day many years down the road!

Good luck and I wish you the best. I wish your dad the best as well!!
Old 06-16-2008, 10:13 PM
Fork Horn

take one good look at Shultzys Trophy room pics with his 56 bear, 200 whitetails and everything inbetween, if that doesnt give you and your dad a hardon.. then maybe you should sell my or someone else on this forum your bow.
haha .. hope all is well.. you still got the fire.. it just needs a match to set it off.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Try something different like you and him in a ground blind together, and him with a tripod and video camera and/or vice versa.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:26 AM
Bartender

LMAO you kill me bro
Where is the schedule?[:@]
It kicked in tonight on the way to work as 3 different times I almost hit one.
They were really out and about that is for sure.
ORIGINAL: dukemichaels

Honestly gzg.. I know exactly how you feel. I too have been pretty lax on getting my hunting season going here. This year even later than any other.

My wife calls it the bear inside me. Every year it sleeps for a period of time and I really don't want to do anything hunting related. I still go into the woods to watch deer.. but its a much more relaxed setting for myself.

Than one day as always the bear awakes inside me (just happened about 2 days ago) and suddenly I want to hunt again. It's as though my blood just starts flowing again or something.. can't explain it.. but my wife refers to it as the sleeping bear.

Sooner or later I think it awakes in everyone.. and it will in you too.

(postscript, this is probably the most touchy feely post i've ever made.. and i'm not to sure if i am proud of that.[&:] but i don't like men and i still love women.. so its all good.)
Old 06-17-2008, 04:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

I went through that same little slump that youre going through about 2 years ago. I had no motivation to even scout. I just wanted nothing to do with hunting...untill a couple weeks before season. Youll pull through it I promise. Also you need to motivate your dad to do it as well. Its been a big part of his and your lives. It will tear him apart to see you going without him. He can physically do it if he sets his mind to it. I know a guy who lost his leg to a motorcycle accident and is still out there doing what he loves because its who he is and because he knows nothing can or will stand in his way od his desire to hunt.
Old 06-17-2008, 06:27 AM
Fork Horn

gzg38byour just in a RUT, no pun intended. W/ your MBA classes and your dad's unfortunate situation, I can see why you haven't had the motivation or spirit to grab the bow and shoot. But here's my opinion and it is only that. Would your dad want you to use his misfortune as an excuse to not shoot or go hunting? Probably not. And should your dad be down on himself because of an accident that is the cause of him possiblyhaving his foot removed. Let him know that w/ today's technology, there are great prosthetics that I'm sure he can get. You see people w/ no legs running marathons these days. Maybe you can scout an area that isn't to much terrain this year and drag dad out there weapon or not, maybe a camera tofilm your hunt, and then maybeyou'll both remember what your missing.

Best wishesto your dad and my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

Old 06-17-2008, 06:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know exactly how you feel. The last time I was able to hunt with Dad was in 2005. In 2006 he had knee replacement surgery and he was not able to go and in 2007because was fighting cancer. Going huntingwas differentand I felt guiltya lot because he was not able to go with me. We lost Dadthis past Feb and I can honestlysay I am not looking forward to the season.

Take careof your Dad and spend the time with him regardless of where that might be. In the woods or in a recliner watching a football game...the time spent is worth more than the hunt.............

Old 06-17-2008, 06:45 AM

When I was in college years back in my last semester it was fall, I missed the whole bow season, never even shot the thing, I didn't care either, I was motivated to keep my 4.0 gpa and graduate. I did, and the next year I began bowhunting again. Things often take priority over hunting, as they should. I love hunting as much as the next guy, but it is a passion and pass time, not Alfa and Omega of life anymore. When I was younger it was utterly everything to me. As I got older and had more responsibilites it had to take a back seat at times. Now that I have a family and a career and things have settled, it is high on the list, but never first. If you want motivation, think about the unfortunate mishap with your father, he would give his left nut to go bow hunting this year, what's your excuse??? Im being rational here not an _ss. Im sure your father will tell you the same thing, I miss your post and advice, I was wondering where you've been. If you can't get motivated from that, you may never get motivated, you owe itto him to go out and enjoy what he showed you to enjoy years ago....
Old 06-17-2008, 06:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hang in there bro and I am very sorry to hear about your dad!!! My dad was my hunting partner for years he taught me from when I was 5 to about 15 and then hehad a bad snow mobile accident and couldn't drawhis recurve anymore so he hung it up and picked up a camera and I started hunting alone. Just as josh said when I get a rut I love to just go out and fling some arrows, because there is just someting special about watching the arrow fly through the air it is magical!!!! Your dad will pull through stronger than ever and youwill get through this time also so hang in there and go let a couple fly!!Walt

Quick Reply: Help me out guys. Not excited about it this year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.