Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Ok, enough hear- say.... >

Ok, enough hear- say....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ok, enough hear- say....

Old 06-16-2008, 09:24 PM

Default RE: Ok, enough hear- say....

So Vab, I dont really feel like reading 7 pages, were there any failures or not?[8D]
Old 06-16-2008, 10:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

My son had one open in flight, and a friend had 2 out of the same pack not open. I was with him on one of them, the other he told me about but have no reason not to belive him.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've been using 100 grain spitfires for about 8 years and have never had a malfunction. I used Muzzys before that.
Old 06-16-2008, 11:09 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Mez, what was entrance wound? Were there blade marks or no? I've heard of jack knife style heads swinging closed when stopped abruptly (like when hitting bone). I wonder if this may be what happened on that shot. If not, that is amazing that those blades could stay closed even passing into bone.
Just a hole, the thing never opened. No blade tracks at all. I'm not sure how the thing couldn't have opened but it never did.
Old 06-16-2008, 11:28 PM

Never Had one fail to open, I did have problems with Rockets being wimpy blades. I have never known someone who had one fail to open, but everyone knows somebody who had a friend whose cousins dident open or some kinda horror story
Old 06-17-2008, 05:36 AM

Tembry, I have some PMs that tell me they had failures or were hunting guys when they did fail. Not too many though.
Old 06-17-2008, 06:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: mez

Mez, what was entrance wound? Were there blade marks or no? I've heard of jack knife style heads swinging closed when stopped abruptly (like when hitting bone). I wonder if this may be what happened on that shot. If not, that is amazing that those blades could stay closed even passing into bone.
Just a hole, the thing never opened. No blade tracks at all. I'm not sure how the thing couldn't have opened but it never did.
Wow, that is amazing. There must have been something seriously wrong with that head to go through heavy tissue and then bone and not open. It just goes to show how important it is to inspect all of your equipment before taking it into the field. Fortunately you guys got that animal.

Thanks for the info. Definitely food for thought.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:43 AM

Last year was my first season using a mech broadhead, and I was very skeptical about them as well. But based on the recommendations of my friend and cousin (who have both used them for the past several seasons) I went with 100 gr Spitfires.Between the 3 of us, we killed 10 deer and 1 coyote with them with last year, and had zero failures.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

I see by the PM's from mods and members alike I'm not the only sick of the GMMAT vs MeanV, MeanV vs GMMAT jabs. It's gotta stop as I'm getting too much press on it. I suggest to both of you to stay clear of one another.

Old 06-17-2008, 01:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well VA I have shot one deer with a Mech and it open and killed the deer.
When ever a deer is lost, it's the BH fault 98% of the time. If it is a Mech it's because it did not open, if it is a fixed blade, it's because the cutting diameter is to small. We are a strange group of souls

Quick Reply: Ok, enough hear- say....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.