Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Pick a stand...any stand...exit routes and some advice needed. >

Pick a stand...any stand...exit routes and some advice needed.

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Pick a stand...any stand...exit routes and some advice needed.

Old 06-15-2008, 07:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Pick a stand...any stand...exit routes and some advice needed.

ORIGINAL: jmbuckhunter

ORIGINAL: MGH_PA

ORIGINAL: jmbuckhunter

I like the Southern dot more than the Northern. I think the bucks might cruise by the mouth of that finger rather than walk out in it. How are you going to get there once the corn is out of the field? That's when I would really love to hunt it. They may just stay in the corn while it is still standing.

Another spot that caught my eye is the West end of the sheep fence, where it gets close to the corn field. It seems the deer would walk around that end between it and the corn field. Could be a nice trail there. You could set up South of the fence and anything going around it would be upwind on your W NW winds.

The area west of the fence is great, but very, very thick, and very few trees suitable to place a stand in (it's basically an overgrown portion of sheep pasture.
That's why you have to invest some shoe leather in scouting. Just can't tell everything from an aierial or topo.
Yep, I've walked that entire fence line in the winter months (really the only time to easily get through the thick vegetation). Thanks for the input.