Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Official HNI Rage Broadhead Thread. >

Official HNI Rage Broadhead Thread.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Official HNI Rage Broadhead Thread.

Old 06-14-2008, 08:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Official HNI Rage Broadhead Thread.

ORIGINAL: 5 shot

Shot a doe with a two blade rage the first year they came out. Shot was 10 yard and hear is the heat gette'r, she was facing me. I know but believe it or not I practice these shots and she was close, and I was on the ground. Arrow went in here throat, came out her belly near the rear leg. I cut the windpipe, jugular, and one lung. She traveld about 15 yards. Huge blood trail. Head was in perfect shape. Bow was set at 72lbs and I am pushing right at 73lbs of KE with that setup. I will also include a link to my website and a review of the Rage two blade for those interested. Just scroll down the page and you will see it.
http://www.broadheadtests.com/NEWHEADS.html
I haven't used the Rage so I'm not sure how you feel about me chiming in but I will due to the fact I've used the Snyper since 2001. The Snyper is the Rage's 1/2 smaller brother. Same design etc.

I've shot 6 bucks and a doe with the Snyper. Devistating holes, devistating.

1. Not the Rage but the Snyper

2. 2 blade.

3. 68ish

4. From 20 yards out to 41 yards.

5. Yes, (not all)

6. None made it 50 yards.

7. Not the Rage but the same designed Snyper. Awesome head. If I didn't use the Snyper, I'd use the Rage.

8. Available all over the web.

When I first came to HNI back in '98 I think, I was antimechanical and would get in heavy debates with many but I feel I was warranted as many of the original mechanical heads, SUCKED.

Today, there are some quality mechanicals, (not all) but the 2 blade Snyper and Rage and 2 quality heads. I've never heard of any failures on the Snypers and the few I heard on the Rage I consider pilot (user) problems, not head problems. (minus the one design flaw that was recalled by Rage).

Until I have a bad experience with the Snypers I'll always use them. I've used many fixed blade head misfurtunes that were in no way design flaws (I assume other than smaller holes than the Snyper) but I've had zero issue so far with Snypers. (Same design as Rage).

Again, I apologize if I overstepped my reply as I haven't used the Rage but I certainly would as the Snyper is the same head, slightly smaller, less expensive but same design.
Old 06-14-2008, 08:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot a 125gr Montec, I have always heard fantastic things about the Rage 2 blade and I'm about to buy a pack, Threads like this are great because expiration time is very important to me.
I would like to hear something from someone that HAS shot an animal with the Rage 2 blade, that was not satisfied with its performance.... and unless someone can give me a descent reason not to buy this head, I won't do it, If I get some kid that just doesn't like it cause his buddies don't like it, I'm definitely buying them.
Thanks for the info!!!!!
Old 06-14-2008, 08:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't shot any animals with mine yet but I bought a pack of Slick Trick mag and a pack of Rage, Thinking I'm definitely going to use the Tricks for hunting this year but wanted to play with the rages just to see what all the "rage" was about these broadheads. I honestly have to say I will be using the Rage as my primary head this year and I might also carry the Tricks as well. I might just buy a few more packs of the Rage heads instead though.

I also have to add I was very skeptical of using mechanicals before I started playing with these babies.
Old 06-14-2008, 08:48 AM
Typical Buck

63# bow with 430 grain arrow
Rage 2 blade cut 2 ribs going in and 1 going out
dead deer 65 yds away from the scene of the crime

Comments: Entry and exit holes were impressive to say the least. I have a good friend and mentor who is a very experienced and successful bowhunter who uses Muzzy's exclusively. Hewas with me and saw firsthandthe damage from the Rage. It was the second kill he'd seen that season from the Rages. Impressed him enough that he wants to try them this upcoming season.
Old 06-14-2008, 09:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

1. 7 deer taken with rage

2.Five with 3-blade in 06' and Two with 2-blade in 07'

3. 69lbs, arrows= 384 gpi total weight

4.Furthest shot was 42yds and closest was 15yds

5. 7 deer hit and 7 dead deer

6. Furthert deer went was 50 yds, all died within sight

7. Put simply, it works!

Old 06-14-2008, 09:19 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: buckmaster

ORIGINAL: Seif5034

shouldn't this thread be in the product review section? I definately understand the reasoning either way
I'm no Mod, but i would have to disagree. Where do all new or skeptical people go to for questions about the rage Broadhead? Right here in the Bowhunting.
True. Get the opinion of the users
Old 06-14-2008, 01:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Shot one doe last year with the 2-blade,huge entry hole. I did't get a pass through the arrow hit the opposite foreleg. I shoot 60#, the shot was about 15yds the deer went about 80 at a full gallop. I have not had problems with them opening prematurely, but I'm pretty good about checking them all the time. I shot the actual BH many times at targets with no misfires. I do use RickJames suggestion of putting a small orthodontic rubber band on the cross junction, this helps keeping them locked in and out of the quiver. During practice I noticed you can get about 3 shots from an o-ring but I would use a new one every time when hunting.
Old 06-14-2008, 05:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

1.Thatyou have propeled a Rage BH at a living animal.
Killed 2 deer last year.

2. 2-blade or 3-blade
2 blade

3. What poundage was being drawn? Arrow weight?
71# with 460 grain FMJ

4. How far was the shot taken from?
11 yards on doe
15 yards on buck

5. Were you successful in your attempt?
yes
yes

6. How far did the animal retreat before expiring?
30 yards fo the doe
75 yards for the buck

7. Your overall opinion of the Rage Broadhead.
Love them, I will be using them again this year.

8. Pics if possible
Doe

Buck entrance hole.

Old 06-14-2008, 05:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

1 rio grande tom turkey

2 blade

60 pound martin bengal (26 inch draw)

Shot at 15 yards

Was successful, went 5 yards and never twiched after

shot straight through the thick ole chest boneof a turkey (facing me)

Abolsutely loved the head but unfortunately is not legal for big game in oregon....and if i wasnt shooting steel force id be using these for turkey still....

Old 06-14-2008, 06:58 PM

I shot one buck (10 pt) and one doe last year with the 2 blade Rage. I was shooting 65 pounds of draw weight at 28" with a 380 grain arrow. Both arrows passed thru and left the two best blood trails I have ever seensince I started bowhunting.The hits were both good. The buck made it about 60 yards and the doe about 50. BothFell in sight of my treestand. The doe was shot at 15 yards (ranged) and the buck at 22. I will be shooting the2 blade Rage again this year without question. Two other bowhuntersin our camp also shot bucks using thetwo blade Rage. Both were collected in short time with excellent blood trails and the deer falling insight of the hunters. I dont know all the information on their set ups but both were very pleased with the broadhead.

Quick Reply: Official HNI Rage Broadhead Thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.