Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Finally had a bad day of shooting.. >

Finally had a bad day of shooting..

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Finally had a bad day of shooting..

Old 06-13-2008, 03:10 PM

Default Finally had a bad day of shooting..

I knew it was coming, the last time wasn't great but not bad, this time was bad. I didn't the target or anything like that, but I didn't bulls eye much either. I think I was letting some things bother. string loop turning, ticking noise, and some possible fletching contact with the QAD. Looks like a trip to Gander Mt tomorrow and see what i can get done to this loop and check the issue with the rest. It just sucks, I knew it would come, but after all I have been through with the X Force and all, well, you know...
Old 06-13-2008, 08:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Finally had a bad day of shooting..

Vabowman,
Have you tried Wilcox Bait and Tackle on Jefferson Ave in Newport News? Ask for Tom. He is a genuine genius with regard to setting up bows. The number is 757-595-5537. It will be worth the trip from anywhere in SE VA. Guaranteed.

Old 06-14-2008, 06:18 AM

I have not, I will give him a visit this summer. thanks!!!
Old 06-14-2008, 10:01 PM

I used to do this all the time, nitpick at my bow causing my shooting to plummet. I literally changed something and tweeked this or moved that nearly everytime I went out and shot.

My advise, put your bow down, pick it up two days later and shoot again. Ignore little things that don't effect accuracy.

Obviously if something is major wrong with the setup then get it fixed, but alot of times we are guilty of trying to tune a nascar racer. It already runs perfect.

Best of luck, hope you get the kinks worked out.
Old 06-15-2008, 06:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TEmbry

I used to do this all the time, nitpick at my bow causing my shooting to plummet. I literally changed something and tweeked this or moved that nearly everytime I went out and shot.

My advise, put your bow down, pick it up two days later and shoot again. Ignore little things that don't effect accuracy.

Obviously if something is major wrong with the setup then get it fixed, but alot of times we are guilty of trying to tune a nascar racer. It already runs perfect.

Best of luck, hope you get the kinks worked out.

X2, Now I have learned once I get something that works for me, just shoot an leave it alone!!!The only time I change something is when something breaks.
Old 06-15-2008, 09:27 AM

" and some possible fletching contact with the QAD "

I have been wondering the samething about my rest for a while now. I am actually going to upgrade to the Hostage Pro to get the thinner brushes. I need a more durable aluminum rest anyhow. You want to eliminate as much guess work as you can for the moment of truth.
Old 06-15-2008, 07:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: kwilson16

Vabowman,
Have you tried Wilcox Bait and Tackle on Jefferson Ave in Newport News? Ask for Tom. He is a genuine genius with regard to setting up bows. The number is 757-595-5537. It will be worth the trip from anywhere in SE VA. Guaranteed.

I'll openly endorse Tom at any time. Just don't let anyone else in his shop near your bow. And don't let him talk you into a Mathews. I've worked on several bows he has set up before, and his work is solid... its never a re-work.... just maintence or a new install.