HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Who is bowhunting Fall turkeys?? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/248945-who-bowhunting-fall-turkeys.html)

bloodcrick 06-10-2008 02:10 PM

Who is bowhunting Fall turkeys??

Im thinking about getting a tag this fall. I had four shot opportunities at nice Toms last fall while deer hunting, but did nothave a tag. If i do it will not be just hunting them, it will be from a tree stand. any one else?? I just cant get it in my head that a tom will cooperate in the fall, but my best bet will be chance encounters. we have alot of them.

OKbowhunter20 06-10-2008 02:18 PM

RE: Who is bowhunting Fall turkeys??

I have a lifetime license, and in Oklahoma, you dont have to buy tags if you have one.

So if the oppurtunity comes my way, Ill be shootin;)

chipper1 06-10-2008 02:19 PM

hey blood. I have a lifetime license so i dont have to worry about the tag. I did kill a nice tom last year on opening day with my bow from a stand but they seem to more timid. I was at full draw when they came in and had to move about 3 inches to clear my tree for the shot and he spotted me immediatly but it was to late.

txjourneyman 06-10-2008 02:21 PM

I get a Tx super-combo license so I'll have the tags. If one goes by it will be targeted. This will be my first fall hunting land that holds turkeys.

Rory/MO 06-10-2008 02:55 PM

if one walks past me while im sitting in the stand, ill stick it;)

salukipv1 06-10-2008 03:03 PM

I'll pick up an archery fall turkey license.....see them all the time when in the stand hunting deer, plus it's only $5.

Cousin use to hunt fall turkey shotgun, though he always said you had to ambush them, calling was of little use...

Didn't get one this spring either, so ya I'm ready to take one.

bloodcrick 06-10-2008 03:09 PM

Sounds like im not alone :DI waited to long for the life time licenese. Indiana no longer offers it [:o]$25.00 a pop

titleist_03 06-10-2008 03:28 PM

I hope to get a shot off on a bird this fall while hunting. I'm tired of hens screwing up my hunts during the spring. In the fall any bird is fair game in IL. I hope to put a hurting on some hens, that is if I can get a shot off. They are tough from a tree.

jmbuckhunter 06-10-2008 03:47 PM

I'm doing the same thing Dan. I'll have one in my pocket, and if the chance arises the Rage will be turned loose.;)

Howler 06-10-2008 04:00 PM

I will ahve a tag in pocket, and if the opportunity arises, I'll be lettin'er rip!