Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 ok, lets get to know each other >

ok, lets get to know each other

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

ok, lets get to know each other

Old 06-15-2008, 09:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: ok, lets get to know each other

I'm Joe b! I was born and raised in Detroit, I now live in Milwaukee. I own property and a cabin in Northern Michigan. I love fishing and all hunting with any weapon thats legal! I hunt for me, shoot what I want, when I want and if I want, all for me! I do enjoy sharing hunting with others. My 12 year old son is my life, I'll do anything for him and he knows it! I have been in the music business for the past 23 years and I have traveled the world for the past 17 or 18 years as a Tour Manager for Rock & Roll bands! This has given me the opportunity to hunt in Africa and fish in a few different countries and many, many, many places States! I recently retired form the road for a second time this past year and now work strictly for my Stagehand Union, I.A.T.S.E. here in Milwaukee! Great job, benefits but do work long hours and a lot of them. Good news is I can have as much time off as I want come October and November! I grew up hunting and wandering the woods of Northern Michigan ever since I was a young lad. I thank my Father for everything he has ever done for me, God Bless His soul!
Old 06-15-2008, 11:03 PM

My mind says I'm 19, my body says I'm 28, my calender says I'm 42.
Never hunted before.
Got married 3 years ago and inherited a hunting family. It took a while, but years of listening to good hunting camp stories and eating piles of good venison lead me to purchase a bow last year. 9/07.
Bowhunting fits my personality. I have always gravitated to individual sports, golf, wrestling,swimming, cycling, triathlon.
Learned how to shoot well in the US Coast Guard. Which helped me harvest my first deer last December. Only thing better was celebrating Jesus birthday (aka Christmas).
Have learned a lot lurking on this site and decided to join just recently. Thanks to all for sharing.
Slim
Old 06-16-2008, 05:13 AM
Typical Buck

I'm Frank. I'm 35, been married for 13 years and have 3 (soon to be 4) kids. One's 12, one's 3 and one's 1. The 4th is coming in late September.

I only recently started hunting a few years ago after moving into a neighborhood full of hunters and becoming very close friends with one of them.
I "impulse" hunted at first - when a type of hunting sounded "cool", I got into it (eg. muzzleloading and bowhunting).

As for other interests (when I am not consumed by my wonderful family), I play a few video games (online first person shooters), am an avid bowler, regular joe type of guy. I love playing with my kids and watching cartoons until we can't stand 'em anymore.

I'm a Navy veteran - stationed on the U.S.S. Constellation (CV-64). Loved it.

I'm a Christian. I feel that the relationship with Jesus is more important than your religious affiliation. But, as far as religious affiliations go, I'm a Southern Baptist (converted from Catholic).

That about sums me up.

Old 06-16-2008, 10:10 AM
Fork Horn

I'm Rob. Married to a great woman & we have two boys. I'm stateside now after a two year stint "in the desert" (I'll leave it at that). My Navy buddies & I made a living shooting Barrett M82A1 rifles, but I just prefer a simple bow & arrow as they are alot lighter & much quieter (even though you give up alot of downrange effective killing power!)

I'm getting used to civilian life again, trying to use my engineering degree from Annapolis to help pay the bills from here on out as I'm done wearing a Ghillie suit. Here's the Family & I a week after I returned home.........

Old 06-16-2008, 02:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GrayDawg

I'm Rob. Married to a great woman & we have two boys. I'm stateside now after a two year stint "in the desert" (I'll leave it at that). My Navy buddies & I made a living shooting Barrett M82A1 rifles, but I just prefer a simple bow & arrow as they are alot lighter & much quieter (even though you give up alot of downrange effective killing power!)

I'm getting used to civilian life again, trying to use my engineering degree from Annapolis to help pay the bills from here on out as I'm done wearing a Ghillie suit. Here's the Family & I a week after I returned home.........

RESPECT!
Old 06-16-2008, 02:36 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: HuntingBry

RESPECT!
X2!!
Old 06-16-2008, 02:46 PM

Big Time Respect!!!

Im Nathan and I am 18 (will be 19 sat.) Been hunting since I was about 5. I love to bow hunt and hopefully will be doing that a lot this season. I have a loving mom and dad and one brother and one sister. I live in Winter Haven FL. and love to fish especially saltwater. I also love comming to HNI to get great advice, to share advice and to poke a little funI love Jesus Christ and strive to serve Him daily.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:57 PM
Spike

I am Pete..Iam 42 and have lived in Northeast Ohio my whole life. Been married to a wonderful woman for 15 years and have 3 kids. I have fished my whole life but have only recently taken up hunting, first shotgun but now almost exclusive bowhunting. I wish I would have started earlier, but better late then never.

I am a partner in a Chemical Distribution company and Warehousing operation. I have learned so much from everyone on this site and visit it WAY too much

Mack 34
Old 06-16-2008, 03:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: davidmil

I'm me. I now have the job of a life time, doing what ever in the world I please.

And oh yes, Cody, you got a lot to learn about deer. LOL
Lol, may I ask whyy?
Old 06-16-2008, 07:20 PM

My name is Dan and my mom says I'm special on the inside.

Quick Reply: ok, lets get to know each other

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.