Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 ok, lets get to know each other >

ok, lets get to know each other

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

ok, lets get to know each other

Old 06-12-2008, 07:20 AM

Default RE: ok, lets get to know each other

Sheldon, from WV. Be 25 in a week, married for 7 in two weeks. Have 2 daughters (22months and 4.5months). Been bowhunting since '99 with limited success. (1 buck, 3 does) My buck spoiled me it was a 9-pointer during my first year.
College (wvu civil engineering degree) and family have taken alot of time away from hunting but can't complain.
Love my family, bowhunting, wvu sports mainly football, and trout fishing in the spring.

Old 06-12-2008, 09:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: dukemichaels

just wait till september for them cubbies to really be fun to watch
I heard you were a Cardinals fan. I'm sorry for you Rory.. I truly am.

It must be rough to root for a team where the Coach is a well known animal rights supporter.. and a team that often gets owned by the cubbies during the season series.

Hey... hows the new Busch stadium.. is it just as ugly or alot uglier than the original.

[8D]
You think September is going to be fun for us Cubs fans, wait until October! Sipping old style at Wrigley waiting for the pennent to come to the North Side.....ah....A man can dream. Duke, you write it like owned, I prefer OWNED!!
Old 06-12-2008, 12:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ABarOfSoap

my name in real life is candy, i love things that are hard and go fast, and i love bow hunting but have never tried it yet.

You gotta be kidding me right ?
Old 06-12-2008, 01:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: buttonbuckmaster

[blockquote]quote:

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

[/blockquote]
In the spirit of Dodgeball - "You are a not a pirate Steve."

Old 06-12-2008, 01:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hi Rory

I'm Bails (Dave ) and i'm from Staffordshire , England , UK . I'm 36 and 37 on the 26th this month , but feel and act a lot younger ... to my friends disgust .
I have hunted with shotgun and Air rifle since i was 12yrs old and i love it , this year i will be going on my first bowhunt in Colarado to see what i have been missing . I took up archery last August after waiting 20 years to do it and am now a bow junkie , even though we cannot Bowhunt over here . I've met some great people on this website and am always glad to meet more .
I have 2 great kids , Aiden and Thomas aged 12 and 10 .
My friends think i'm crazy most of the time , they may be right ! .
Anyway i live in a great part of the country and am enjoying life to the best i can .

Droppin another

Old 06-12-2008, 02:29 PM

Robert, 24, from southern WV. Hunting and fishing fool! Hunt all winter and raft and kayak all summer. I don't know how you guys live out side of WV. Cheap land big deer and large small mouths...what more could a man want in life!
me and my huzzy

Old 06-12-2008, 11:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm Brett. I couldn't think of anything else I would rather be doing in the fall other than bowhunting for whitetails. I am married with two kids, with another on the way due in late July. I love to bass fish as well. I like playing no-limit poker tournaments and cash games. I hope to raise my kids to be respectful yet have the courage to speak their mind, and humble, yet competitive enough to push through the hard times.
Old 06-13-2008, 07:34 AM
Fork Horn

I'm Darrall
I'm 38 & live in Oklahoma, Married, 2 kids.
I have been bowhunting all my life. It was bred into me by my father.
My passion growing up was playing my guitar & hunting. I stopped playing the clubs about 6 years ago because it just cut into my hunting & familytime too much.

I work in the aviation business purchasing parts for Bizjet International.
I have been doing that for almost 13 years. Worked 8 years prior to that in the archery business.
Old 06-13-2008, 12:10 PM
Typical Buck

here's Frank, a real native from small loudmouth country Belgium.
I live together with my girlfriend and her kid who's 7.
I am an outdoors kinda person like most of you on HNI.
I like being in the woods and I have a thing with the amazon forests, been twice to Costa Rica and last april I spent 14 days in the middle of Suriname, close to the brazillian borders.
I have a keen eye for wildlife and one animal in particular, that's foxes.
I've seen them almosteverywhere I went on holiday, from Berlin to the jungles of Monte Verde, CR.
It's the only animal I will not shoot, but I won't blame others for doing so.
I've been shooting my bow for more than 10 years now and have gotten serious about it for about 2 years.
I will have to move to another country if I want to bowhunt, since it's forbidden in most european countries.
France being the exception will be my first visit because I want to fill my freezer with the deer or boar I want to harvest.
Other hobbies include photography and building lego ( yes, yes, the toys )
http://www.flickr.com/photos/69041177@N00/
Old 06-13-2008, 01:10 PM
Typical Buck

I'm Eddie, 48 years young today, great wife of almost 25 years and 3 sons ages 23,22, and 7 (oops).

I am a deer-aholic. I hunt in Georgia (my native land) and Illinois (I am an evil non-resident). I am specifically a whitetail deer addict and hunt archery mostly but also muzzleloader and an occasional rifle or shotgun. When I am not at work, with the family, or church, I will be found pursuing my addictions. I would love to hunt every state and province where whitetails exists. I'm not close to pulling that off though.

I own my own 1 man IT business primarily working with clients as a Database Engineer. It's a good living and I can take time off to hunt and thats' why I started the business to begin with (though I told my wife it was to make more $$$).

My best description of me is:

I am an ultra-conservative computer geek who loves Christ, family, life, freedom, and whitetail deerhunting!!!

Quick Reply: ok, lets get to know each other

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.