Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 ok, lets get to know each other >

ok, lets get to know each other

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

ok, lets get to know each other

Old 06-11-2008, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ok, lets get to know each other

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

You dropped your sign that says "THE END IS NEAR"

Whats the deal with the Pee Wee Herman necklace?[8D]
Old 06-11-2008, 03:20 PM
Fork Horn

my name is albert ,grew up in europe and came here 30 years ago im 38 years old and been hunting for just a tad over 20 years in northern nj zone 13,9,36,where the woods are getting scarce ,(nj most densly populated state in the usa)also hunt in ny state chenango co 7m .
i built cell towers for a living and im addicted to hunting heavy in the pst 10 years ,love archery,fishing and motorcross.
Married for 14 years and have no idea how she puts up with my hunting addiction.
Old 06-11-2008, 04:01 PM

OK--I'm a 46 year old redneck from the middle of LA. I started hunting when I was about 10. Started bowhunting at 21, but had no luck. I quit for a long time and am starting back. I am in charge of a location survey crew for the state of LA. and work all over the state.
Old 06-11-2008, 04:13 PM
Fork Horn

My name is Gordon Shaw and I am a thirty-two year old 6-1 265 lb.kid according to my wife. I am married with beautiful 4 1/2 year old twin daughters who are learning how to fish.I have been visiting this place for a while, since around 2001 if memory serves (maybe earlier I'm not sure). I just finished Law School a month ago and am about knee deep in studying for the bar (and getting deeper every day). In the little spare time I have I make game calls (turkey and duck) and try to get in a round of golf in between fishing. I guess you could say I have a lot of hobbies.

Bowhunting is one of my diversions while waiting for duck season. I spend most of my efforts from Thanksgiving until the end of January chasing ducks. But, like most things I take bow hunting very seriously and won't do it "half way", it is all or nothing. I remember my first bow was a Hoyt target bow that I had to Camo up.After taking my first doe with it my dad agreed to buy me a dedicated hunting rig, a brand new PSE Mach Flite 4, it was top of the line back then. I've had a bow ever since, currently I'm shooting an '04 Bowtech Patriot 29" draw with the draw weight set at 72 lbs (factory max). Still shooting A/C/C's cause I haven't found anything better for me. I have only bowhunted lightly in for the pastthree years, but I plan on changing that this year...at least till the ducks show up. I have been hunting for 25 years and havehunted large game in 12 states (Deer only unless you count turkeys, but I'm working on an Elk Trip for '09) and am halfway into my Grand Slam for Turkeys. But, both have taken a back seat to pursuing webfooted game for the past 10 years.

Boy...do I feel like a self centered idiot after writing all that.... the bottom line...my name is Gordon, I have been hunting since I was seven. I enjoy deer hunting and have done it quite a bit, but put deer on the back burner when Duck season gets here.
Old 06-11-2008, 05:28 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Jason Mez, 37 years old. Born and rasied in NE and now live in Sturgis, SD. Single but am engaged and will get married in November, no children.
I'm a veterinarian, board certified in equine surgery. Fall and winter are slow times for my career so allows me to do a lot of hunting.
I've been bowhunting since I was 14 and hunting ingeneral since I was old enough to traipse along.
Sports and hunting have pretty much occupied my free time. Played football in college and am still a huge fan of the game. I still coach AAU wrestling and get down and help out with high school football when I have time.
I fly fish in the off season but most of my time is spent team roping and starting colts for people.
I've been on several bowhunting trips, including most of the western and midwest states, TX, AK and South Africa. Pretty much stick around here to hunt now as we have whitetail, mulies, antelope, turkeyand mountain lions to chase. Can also hunt elk, mountain goat and bighorn sheep if you draw a tag. I trap quite a little in the winter with my brother and he also has coon hounds so I go with him when I have the chance.

Old 06-11-2008, 07:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Germ

My name is Germ
I bowhunt Does and watch Bucks, I learned this hunting style from Mobo. He now has my old stlye where I used to shoot bucks also[&:]
I bowhunt, a lot

2 kids Zach and Hillary
1 wife for now
I am a web developer on the backend(ok lets here the smartass comments)

I am know for my good looks and wonderful hair[8D]
[/align]
Old 06-11-2008, 08:30 PM
DTC
Nontypical Buck

I am Adam from SW MO. I am 29 years old, married, we have a boy that is 5 and a girl that is 3. I have been bow hunting for 9 yrs now and killed my first Pope and Young deer last year. My wife is very supportive of my habit/hobby. I have hunted TX and OK for hogs, bow hunted deer in MO and KY. Turkey hunted in MO, TX, NE, and FL where I have killed all 4 subspecies of turkeys to complete my grand slam. I even took a tripto Canada on a bear hunt last fall where I killed a 200 lb black bear with my bow. I am planning another trip to Canada, looking for a colored bear,next spring and Wyomming in the fall to hunt antelope. I wish all of you the best of luck this fall.
Old 06-11-2008, 08:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know Steve, Just 13? Awesome!!!..sometimes...I do not realize my experience over the years taking deer with bow since I was 11 years old...Its weird..because I tend to focus on my monsters on the wall rather then kill#'s because thats what the relm of bowhunting sinks in our heads....but when I reflect back and subtract the fact that my biggest buck is a 120 class.....I realize...darn.....I have a pile of bow kills....

Its hard to explain....but.....old ted Nugent is right (not a huge fan but I love Fred Bear)....the more animals you take regardless of your 3D shooting hours...the better you are.....I can't say thatmy number of kills makes me rock solid in the stand....to this day...I still make my mistakes....if I could say one thing.....burn a hair in the deer and always think about where you want the arrow to exit the deer...not where you want to hit the deer...and never aim at the body....pick a red dot the size of an aspirin behind the shoulder....laser your eye on that red dot......and you will take alot of game...regardless of your bow and all the arrows you break at home practicing.....Taking ALL types of animals with a bow is the key...throw away the block targets and high tech stuff....when you are comfortable with your set up...and confident...you will kill year after year...its that temptation that makes us buy new stuff...and then we are challenged to learn again and regain that big word...CONFIDENCE>

And when you think its too easy and you are confused about hunting....shoot off the knuckle with an Osage stick with a flint head wrapped in deer tendons on a cedar shaft...follow the Shultzy Way...

On that day you will regain your focus and realize what archery means to us....

Brian!
Old 06-12-2008, 05:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: buttonbuckmaster

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

You dropped your sign that says "THE END IS NEAR"

Whats the deal with the Pee Wee Herman necklace?[8D]
Can you say Hippie!!!![8D] I knew there was something about you. Relax Lanse, just giving you a hard time.
Old 06-12-2008, 06:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BigJ71

ORIGINAL: shed33
Oh yeah, we love the Cowboys! [:-]
You know Troy, I almost played for the Cowboys......They were going to draft me but Denver picked me up right before they had a chance to. In fact I was in negotiations with both teams before the draft was even over so I kinda had an idea where I was going. My agent and I had already talked about it and agreed with the contract numbers Dallas was offering (little did they know) only to have Denver swoop in and beat them to the punch!

Another "Cowboy Factoid" I played with Tony Dorsett at Denver in 1988. Blocking for a future Hall of Famer was cool to say the least. I even went up against a future Hall of Famer that year as well when we played the Raiders (Howie Long), seems like another lifetime ago....[]Sigh........
Small world, my ex father-in-law lives next door to a former Bronco that played from 88-90 until he went back to school to be a Vet and open his own practice. How many years you play at Denver?

Quick Reply: ok, lets get to know each other

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.