Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 lost my 4 leged friend (bow hunters night mare) >

lost my 4 leged friend (bow hunters night mare)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

lost my 4 leged friend (bow hunters night mare)

Old 06-10-2008, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: lost my 4 leged friend (bow hunters night mare)

What a great dog you had my friend. I have lost 4 great dogs so far in my life and no new one replaces the lost. Dogs are definitely a gift from God IMO. Here's to your good memories that will help the tears turn into smiles.
Old 06-10-2008, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bloodcreek

Glad he didnt get zapped, i had a cocker spaniel once that did the same thing on a lamp cord, he ended up with a permanent black spot on his tounge Your Dog is a beaute Do you put egg in his food??? his coat is very shinny.
Thanks, he is a good lookin' pup. I think the built in GFCI kept him from getting zapped. We don't put egg in his food, just feed him Canidae lamb and rice. I think it has fish oil in it or something that helps keep his coat shiney.
Old 06-10-2008, 07:33 AM
Dominant Buck

Hey Dink....

Getting another dog is the only way to go......

I actually had two at one time....and when Ashley left us....I bonded with Cooper (my other lab) in a wonderful way. her personality changed, totally (became less competitive and "needy"). She's endeared herself to us in ways we never would have imagined.

She's a "rescue" Lab....and it'll kill me when she leaves us.

Say "hi", Coop!

Old 06-10-2008, 08:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

huntingsonThank you bud!!
RIStrutStopperLike i said beauty!

GMMATHi cooper great looking Dog Jeff'o Im allready bonding well with the new one We have our little talks when i get home from work sitting on my lunch box in the pole barn I think she loves me!!
Old 06-10-2008, 08:23 AM
Dominant Buck

Dink:

I think I told you of this book, once before.....but if I didnt....you need to get your son a book called 'Water Dog'. Author is the late Richard Wolters.

Amazing stuff. I trained Ashley using his methods by myself......with NO experience.....and she passed her MHR on her second try (went through the other stages without a single glitch).

The book's an EASY read.....and you'll watch your dog progress right along with the read. I apologize for not reading what kind of dog you got......but it won't matter. If it's only going to be a pet (and not a working dog)....he wrote another book called 'Family Dog'. Just as good a read.....and a MUST (one of them) if you're going to be able to control your dog (it likely saved Ashley's life a time or two......being as obedient as she was) in non-hunting situations.

If you have a VCR....I have some tapes I could send you and your son that will also help if you go down the retriever/working dog route (force fetch/methods/etc...). they'r ein great shpae....and you can't beat the price . My only request is that you pass them along when you're done with them. I also have a few duck hunting videos I know the boy would enjoy.

Shoot me a PM, pal.

Old 06-10-2008, 08:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear about your loss. It is very to loose your best friend. I couldn't even imagine what I would do. Hopefully the chocolate lab is just as good as your last lab. I know I love my chocolate lab.

Here is my chocolate lab and her name is Sammy. She's the best dog ever and I couldn't even think about loosing her.

Old 06-10-2008, 08:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Dink:

I think I told you of this book, once before.....but if I didnt....you need to get your son a book called 'Water Dog'. Author is the late Richard Wolters.

Amazing stuff. I trained Ashley using his methods by myself......with NO experience.....and she passed her MHR on her second try (went through the other stages without a single glitch).

The book's an EASY read.....and you'll watch your dog progress right along with the read. I apologize for not reading what kind of dog you got......but it won't matter. If it's only going to be a pet (and not a working dog)....he wrote another book called 'Family Dog'. Just as good a read.....and a MUST (one of them) if you're going to be able to control your dog (it likely saved Ashley's life a time or two......being as obedient as she was) in non-hunting situations.

If you have a VCR....I have some tapes I could send you and your son that will also help if you go down the retriever/working dog route (force fetch/methods/etc...). they'r ein great shpae....and you can't beat the price . My only request is that you pass them along when you're done with them. I also have a few duck hunting videos I know the boy would enjoy.

Shoot me a PM, pal.

"Game dog" is another in this series there all great books.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:01 AM
Dominant Buck

True, Jim.....but that book caters to the upland dog trainer/owner.

ALL great reads, though.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dan, im sorry to hear about your loss. I was going to offer to ship sophie to Indiana, but since you got a new dog i guess i wont have to do that!

I bet your daughter is in love with the little pup already!

Sophie is getting so big! Shes coming with us to the lake this weekend. Shes going to learn to like the water!

Old 06-10-2008, 09:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

True, Jim.....but that book caters to the upland dog trainer/owner.

ALL great reads, though.
I do a little of that too.

Quick Reply: lost my 4 leged friend (bow hunters night mare)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.