Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 lost my 4 leged friend (bow hunters night mare) >

lost my 4 leged friend (bow hunters night mare)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

lost my 4 leged friend (bow hunters night mare)

Old 06-08-2008, 12:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: lost my 4 leged friend (bow hunters night mare)

my golden retriever was killed by 3 rotwheilers up our street 2 years ago[:@]
Old 06-08-2008, 12:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dan:

I know how tough this must be for you and your family, it's not an easy thing to deal with. I grew up with tons of pets and have been through the same thing many many times. I also grew up helping and spending time working in our family owned Veterinary practice.........so I've been around it quite a bit. My best to you and your family.

Below is our little girl June. She isn't a hunting dog at all, but she means the world to Lisa and I.

Old 06-08-2008, 01:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thank you everyone, you people are the best love seeing you with your pets some fine looking animals out there for sure.
Old 06-08-2008, 01:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Damn dude. That's tough man.

I know that if/when something happens to my golden retriever, I'll probably bawl like a baby. Good luck with that Chocolate Danny, looks like a good pup.
Old 06-08-2008, 01:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks quick She is working out quite good already, we all love her how bout some pics of that G retriever.
ORIGINAL: quiksilver

Damn dude. That's tough man.

I know that if/when something happens to my golden retriever, I'll probably bawl like a baby. Good luck with that Chocolate Danny, looks like a good pup.
Old 06-08-2008, 06:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

So sorry to hear about losing your dog. That is a tough thing to deal with.
Old 06-08-2008, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear about that Dan. It's like loosing a family member.
Old 06-08-2008, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MOmightymite

Dan, I'm sorry to here about your loss. I know it is like losing part of the family. I lost my Golden retriever a few years back to cancer so I know what you are going through, and it is tough. Our dog was our duck hunting dog and was very close to me. Know I have a yellow lab and she acts just like my old dog so it keeps me thinking about her.

Holy Cow MO, that dog looks EXACTLY like mine even down to the collar, except my boy has a hangy'downy thing and she don't!!!!

Back on topic,

Dan,
Sorry for your loss. I'm gonna be feeling it soon as my big dog (150# all muscle, but a bad hip is eating him up) is probably not gonna make it through the summer before he starts seeming miserable enough I feel the need to make him comfortable. He's my BABY, and my buddy, but I can't bear to see him hurting. He's still pretty damn happy so I can't bear to do it yet, but I know that day is rapidly approaching.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear about your dog. I remember how bad it was when I had to put down my dog that I grew up with, but that was many years ago. I finally live where I can have a dog again and now I've got an 8 month old lab named Blazer. I wanted to name him after something archery related, and the wife and daughter knocked Muzzy right out of the running. I figured since I shoot Blazer vanes, that wouldn't be a bad name for a dog, so Blazer it is. He's a hyper puppy for sure, he almost did himself in tonight. I just bought an air conditioner about a week ago, and Blazer saw fit to chew through the cord. He didn't zap himself, but boy was I PO'd. Here's a pic of the not-so-little terror.

Old 06-10-2008, 05:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Glad he didnt get zapped, i had a cocker spaniel once that did the same thing on a lamp cord, he ended up with a permanent black spot on his tounge Your Dog is a beaute Do you put egg in his food??? his coat is very shinny.

Quick Reply: lost my 4 leged friend (bow hunters night mare)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.