HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Did you "Cycle" your new bow (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/248504-did-you-cycle-your-new-bow.html)

TG78 06-06-2008 11:48 AM

Did you "Cycle" your new bow

Hey, I was reading in my owners manual about "cycling" you tow about 150 times before setting up peep sights etc.. I am assuming that they mean pulling it back and letting it back down by hand; did any of you actually do this? By my calculations that would be about 10,500 pounds. I guess that would train my arm and give me something to do until my sight shows up.[:'(]

Deleted User 06-06-2008 11:53 AM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

MGH_PA 06-06-2008 11:58 AM

RE: Did you "Cycle" your new bow

I've done mine 525 times so far:D As Drop mentioned, the new strings need some time to settle in (although this varies with the string material used).

cynikalHC 06-06-2008 12:07 PM

Defenitely a good idea to draw and release your bow a bunch to settle everything in - whether it be by actually shooting or just manually.

Rick James 06-06-2008 12:19 PM

ORIGINAL: MGH_PA

I've done mine 525 times so far:D
Slacker.........[8D](I'm kidding)

HuntingBry 06-06-2008 12:24 PM

I believe by cycling they mean shooting. Shooting the bow before setting everything up is a good idea, because we all know that even with the best materials the strings and cables need to settle in. You could set everything up first, but you would likely have to change things later.

MGH_PA 06-06-2008 12:32 PM

ORIGINAL: Rick James

ORIGINAL: MGH_PA

I've done mine 525 times so far:D
Slacker.........[8D](I'm kidding)
:D...I know, I know, I'm getting on it[8D]. Hopefully my press parts are here this weekend so I can press it again, and get those cams timed again, then start more draw drills, aiming drills, and blank baling.

I believe by cycling they mean shooting.
Yep, generally there's a shoot in period, and then you tweak it some. Although with my Gibblet strings (452x), I never needed to tweak anything[&:]

MeanV2 06-06-2008 02:56 PM

I usually set mine up then tweak it if need be. I usually wait to do any tuning until things are settled in.

Dan

killzonearchery 06-06-2008 10:45 PM

its a good idea, but i did not do this. I was lazy and wanted my bow that day.

im ocd 06-07-2008 05:32 AM

I install the sight, rest ect... and eyeball the setup for proper arrow position. Then, I'll go shoot a dozen arrows and set a 20 yard pin,next I paper tune. I may have to make minor adjustments again later, but that's okay. I like shooting the bow as close to tuned as I can from the get go.