HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Quivers, Shoot with or without??? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/24839-quivers-shoot-without.html)

Mathewsbow1 02-26-2003 10:56 PM

Quivers, Shoot with or without???

When hunting, do you shoot with or without the quiver???

When hunting on the ground, I do. When hunting in a treestand, I do not. Wanted to get everyone' s take on this subject???

Also, if you do shoot with a quiver, what type (hip, back, detachable or 2-piece)?? I personally use a detachable.

Thanks and good hunting!!
jt

rosko2 02-26-2003 11:08 PM

RE: Quivers, Shoot with or without???

I practice with mine on and hunt with mine on. It' s a detachable

halcon 02-27-2003 12:25 AM

I do all my shooting with it on the bow so it always feels the same to me .

Big Country 02-27-2003 12:31 AM

I shoot my hunting bow with a loaded quiver on once a year, just to prove that I hit exactly the same out to 50 yards. If you allow your quiver to cant your bow, it would change your point of impact.

When hunting from a treestand, I always take my quiver off as soon as I get my safety belt on. For me, it is one less thing to get in the way when shooting.

It probably just boils down to a personal preference, as I am sure many deer have met their demise from a bow carrying a quiver.

JimPic 02-27-2003 12:31 AM

I practice and hunt with mine on,also.

Deleted User 02-27-2003 03:21 AM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

royak 02-27-2003 04:12 AM

Mine comes off as soon as I get into the stand I do practice some with it on just in case I would get a shot while enroute to the stand.

Greg / MO 02-27-2003 04:54 AM

Although I have the $100 Mathews two-piece bolt-on, I quickly abandoned it for a Kwikee Quiver detachable which I remove once I pull my bow up to my stand and clip in to my screw-in attachment on the tree beside me. That way, the quiver' s still within easy reach for a second shot, and the bow' s much lighter for holding and manuevering.

CBM SC 02-27-2003 05:29 AM

I use a backpack/quiver combo and like it better than anything I' ve used !!

comndr45 02-27-2003 05:56 AM

I attached a spare bracket to my climber and put my quiver on it as soon as I get to the tree and climb with it on the stand. That way I don' t have a quiver and arrows to hang on brush as I pull it up. I had a couple of occasions where brush and/or my climbing rope pulled arrows out before I ever got it up to me. I don' t like leaving evidence on the ground for deer to find. It does great on my Ol' Man wrap-around type climber.