Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Moon Phases

Old 06-03-2008, 07:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Moon Phases

I am curious to hear what you folks have to say about this moon phase.
Thisseason when I head to Alberta for my Bow Zone hunt,I will be there from Nov 24th-29th. During this weekthe moon will be going from a last quarter moon phase into a new moon. Basiclly, there's going to be dark nights all week.
It doesn't matter to me either way, because this is when I've scheduled my hunt, but I'd like to hearyour thoughts. Especially the moon guru's!
Old 06-03-2008, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Moon Phases

call NASA.......LOL
Old 06-03-2008, 07:24 PM
Typical Buck

No scientific evidence what so ever to estabilsh moon phases have any impact on deer movement. Maybe werewolves .
Old 06-03-2008, 07:27 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 06-03-2008, 07:41 PM
Typical Buck

While each deer may be independant...As a whole there is plenty of evidencein support ofthe theories related to game travel based on moon phase/location.

Someone else can fill in the rest, Im watching Oceans 12 and Catherine Zeta-Jones...OMG !!
Post the "plenty of evidence" that is fact and not some clowns book or theory that leads people down this falsity. Deer move for a varaity of reasons, the moonis just one of them. Other than shedding light on on an otherwise dark night, I doubt the garvitational/rotationaleffect the moon has on the tides has anything to do with deer. Wives tales!
Old 06-03-2008, 07:52 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 06-03-2008, 07:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Dang it early it's all about the moons location, not the phases [8D]
Old 06-03-2008, 07:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

No scientific evidence what so ever to estabilsh moon phases have any impact on deer movement. Maybe werewolves .
While each deer may be independant...As a whole there is plenty of evidencein support ofthe theories related to game travel based on moon phase/location.

Someone else can fill in the rest, Im watching Oceans 12 and Catherine Zeta-Jones...OMG !!
valor is correct, there is no scientific proof for deer movement relative to the phase of the moon. There is however to the position of the moon, not phase. There can however be more movement at night on full moon but that doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out, half, quarter, new means squat.

Old 06-03-2008, 08:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think its the New moon that I have had much lower sightings when bow hunting. It don't matter if its, elk, deer, bear that I'm hunting. I'll have to check back on my notes but I'm pretty sure its the New moon thats always gave me trouble.

The moon has a huge effect on animal movement!!! More then people think I believe.

Old 06-03-2008, 08:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: valor10

Post the "plenty of evidence" that is fact and not some clowns book or theory that leads people down this falsity. Deer move for a varaity of reasons, the moonis just one of them. Other than shedding light on on an otherwise dark night, I doubt the garvitational/rotationaleffect the moon has on the tides has anything to do with deer. Wives tales!
This thread was not intended to be a contest to see who's got evidence
or not, reguarding moon phases and their effects on deer, orlack there of. If you're a non believer, just say so, and let that be that. There are plenty of books on this subject. One that was given to me to read is called Moon Struck, by Jeff Murray with Myles Keller, which I haven't read yet.
I have never been a big believer in moon phases, and how they might effect deer, and their movements. I still listen to what others have to say about it though! I likekeep an open mind.

Quick Reply: Moon Phases

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.