Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

STOLEN!!!!

Old 06-02-2008, 11:04 AM

Default RE: STOLEN!!!!

ORIGINAL: Hoyt_Viper

I guess my first mistake was putting up ribbons to mark the trail. It is a good 1/2 mile trek in the muck, briars, sapplings, etc. Someone must have followed my ribbon trail.

Bingo Jeff.....Not directed at you, but I can't understand why anyone uses flagging tape/ribbon to mark anything anymore. Its like a big sign that says "Follow me!" With all the good and inexpensive GPSs out there, there's no need for tape.

Again, not directed at you Jeff, just a broad statement.
Old 06-02-2008, 11:08 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 06-02-2008, 02:49 PM
Typical Buck

i've had ribbon trails cut down and it really steams me but i haven't had any property stolen as of yet. Good luck tracking down this jerk. hope everything turns out well for you
Old 06-02-2008, 02:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

that sucks!
good luck catching the guy
Old 06-02-2008, 03:07 PM

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

That sucks! It is the reason I won't use obvious markers to my stands.
Yeah Greg I can vouch for that. I knew where that stand was and still couldn't find it, didn't help it wasn't light yet!
Old 06-02-2008, 03:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

Always my worst fear, too...

I went and retrieved my last stand yesterday sincemy lock had frozen up on it and I couldn't the lock to open right after season. I took af pair of bolt cutters with me and quickly discovered why my dad always told me "locks are for honest people"... I couldn't believe how easily I snapped the lock off and freed up my stand.
Yea thats no crap. I am on all private land and had 3 stolen already. i don.t lock them anymore! Just put a note on them that reads...Smile your on camera
Old 06-02-2008, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ahh yes.. the treestand thief. One of natures most brave creatures.

I've had them strike me as well over the years. All I could do to spite them was write in their honor.

http://www.huntingnet.com/articles/p...rticles_id=508
Old 06-02-2008, 04:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Seif5034

i've had ribbon trails cut down and it really steams me...
Well, guess what? I hunt on State land,and have on numerous occasions, and probably will again,REMOVEDred surveyers tape wrapped around trees. These ribbons are unsightly as hell, not to mention it's littering, which is illegal!That crap is NOT BIODEGRADEABLE![:'(][>:]
Sorry if this mind-set bugs anybody, but I stand firm on this. Bottom line, learn how to get to your stand site or get a GPS.
Old 06-02-2008, 04:52 PM

ORIGINAL: early in

Well, guess what? I hunt on State land,and have on numerous occasions, and probably will again,REMOVEDred surveyers tape wrapped around trees. These ribbons are unsightly as hell, not to mention it's littering, which is illegal!That crap is NOT BIODEGRADEABLE![:'(][>:]
Sorry if this mind-set bugs anybody, but I stand firm on this. Bottom line, learn how to get to your stand site or get a GPS.
Every piece of flagging tape I see up here gets pulled off the tree, put in my pocket and thrown in the garbage when I get back to camp.
Old 06-02-2008, 04:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: _Dan

ORIGINAL: early in

Every piece of flagging tape I see up here gets pulled off the tree, put in my pocket and thrown in the garbage when I get back to camp.
Dan, I've been doing exactly that for years. I used to come out with my pockets full,literally!I feel bad for anyone getting their things stolen, but marking a trail to your stuff is like leaving a trail of bread crumbs behind. If ya know what I mean.

Quick Reply: STOLEN!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.