Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

RAGE

Old 06-01-2008, 06:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: RAGE

I used the 2 blade and had excellent results on the one deer I killed with this head! The deer maybe went 30 yards with a blood trail like no other! What the heck, seems like both heads work with great results, try both!!!! Good luck!
Old 06-01-2008, 06:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've never tried the 2 blade so I can't say much about it. But I have shot the rage 3 blade since last fall and have been very impressed. I tagged 2 does last fall on fairly severe quartering away shots that came in 3-4 in. behind the midway point, and exited 2-3 in. behind the off shoulder. Of all of the big game animals I have taken with archery tackle, I have never seen such carnage. Both died within 50 yards and lost buckets of blood, not to mention both had intestines out of the body. They fly like fieldtips and pack a ton of punch out of my set-up. I have always been skeptical of the mechanicals but Im positively hooked on these broadheads.
Old 06-01-2008, 07:33 PM

I just ordered my first pack of the 2 blade today. Like Roskoe pointed out, they fly off the shelf at my local store. . . and besides, DropTine told me I could nicka boonerin theankle with them,and it would pile up in less than 50 yards[8D](JOKE!!!) . . actually I ordered the 2 bladebecause I like the larger cutting diameter, and everyone I know who uses them gets giddy as school girls when they talk about them
Old 06-01-2008, 07:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Haven't tried them YET, but I think that either way you go, you ought to be good, as long as you're packing a good 60+ ft/#'s of KE!!!
Old 06-01-2008, 08:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

I used the 2 blade and had excellent results on the one deer I killed with this head! The deer maybe went 30 yards with a blood trail like no other! What the heck, seems like both heads work with great results, try both!!!! Good luck!
I have a pack of 2 blade right now and was debating if I should get another pack of 2 blade or get a 3 blade and possibly use both for hunting! I don't know for sure But I think that's what I'm gonna do.
Old 06-01-2008, 08:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: OHbowhntr

Haven't tried them YET, but I think that either way you go, you ought to be good, as long as you're packing a good 60+ ft/#'s of KE!!!
I'll be packing 65 FT/# KE.
Old 06-02-2008, 12:43 AM

A friend of mine used the 3 blade version on a hog hunt. He said it just about took that heart apart. He's real pleased with it's perfomance.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think I will buy a pack of 3 blade and have a pack of both.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

I thought I'd made up my mind to shoot Rages this season. Then when I got to Bass Pro Friday afternoon I just couldn't do it. I could not spend $40 for 3 heads. I may try again or get my wife to buy them for me. I also almost bought Rocky Mountain Gator XPs. They were $10 cheaper but I need more info about them.
EDIT: Sorry I got off topic. If I do buy them I'll shoot the 2 blade.
Old 06-02-2008, 10:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know the price hurts but I convinced it will pay off. I don;t know what price they are but you might want to look a the g5 tekan rear opening blade also.

Quick Reply: RAGE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.