Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Good fun in our Outdoor Ed Class >

Good fun in our Outdoor Ed Class

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Good fun in our Outdoor Ed Class

Old 05-29-2008, 02:20 PM

Default RE: Good fun in our Outdoor Ed Class

ORIGINAL: shed33

ORIGINAL: FLboy77

more pix

Yours is the one with the blue fletchings right
Seriously I think its awsome that you have some thing like that at a school! Keep it up!!!
hahah, yeah the boys all wanted me to bring the compound so I decided too and then we got into a little smack talk..till they saw is shoot! LOL all in fun.. good kids..

Sounds like a ton of fun!!!
I wish I had something like that in high school.

Old 05-29-2008, 02:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

Who's the kid with a bowtech, what a suck up bringing his highend bow to class, wait it's Troy
Old 05-29-2008, 02:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

You don't see them type's of classes here in Minnesota any more. I graduated in '93 and we had a class that was called Wildlife Conservation. I loved it and allot of the other kids did too, even the city slickers! A year later that class got cut being the teacher who was teaching it retired and no one else wanted anything to do with it! I was ticked being that was such a good class for everyone to learn something from. We did taxidermy, measured racks with the P&Y measuring system, conservation stuff involving the hunting part of it, bird watching, farming, agriculture, you name it we did it. Everyone in that class had the chance to learn and identify every bird, animal, fish, insect, etc in Minnesota. Them days are gone, at least here in Central Minnesota they are. Its all about indoor activities and not outdoor activities relating to the outdoors and conservation.

Well done Shed, keep up the good work!!
Old 05-29-2008, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Germ

Who's the kid with a bowtech, what a suck up bringing his highend bow to class, wait it's Troy
You hit the nail on the head.. Danged Teacher has to cheat to win! Yeah they made me shoot the genesis against them too and I got them but not by much!

They really liked the bowtech though.. sparked some attention hopefully enough to get a few of them even more interested in archery/hunting what ever..
Old 05-29-2008, 02:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Germ

Who's the kid with a bowtech, what a suck up bringing his high end bow to class, wait it's Troy
Awesome!!![8D]
Old 05-29-2008, 02:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

You don't see them type's of classes here in Minnesota any more. I graduated in '93 and we had a class that was called Wildlife Conservation. I loved it and allot of the other kids did too, even the city slickers! A year later that class got cut being the teacher who was teaching it retired and no one else wanted anything to do with it! I was ticked being that was such a good class for everyone to learn something from. We did taxidermy, measured racks with the P&Y measuring system, conservation stuff involving the hunting part of it, bird watching, farming, agriculture, you name it we did it. Everyone in that class had the chance to learn and identify every bird, animal, fish, insect, etc in Minnesota. Them days are gone, at least here in Central Minnesota they are. Its all about indoor activities and not outdoor activities relating to the outdoors and conservation.

Shultzy exactly, thats why I always say we need more hunters in Education! These kids, many here have no idea whats outside of Post Falls Idaho.. Many have moved in from California and Wash.. they take this class and I tell them all this fun is just a few miles outside of town... I had my bear rug, elk hide, sheds in a couple weeks ago.. all my bows etc.. they just eat it up. heck we barbequed elk burgers last week! and they loved em..
Old 05-29-2008, 02:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Looks like a lot of fun!!!
Old 05-29-2008, 02:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

With all the junk you see involving today's kids and stuff itsso refreshing to see a good story of kids having good clean fun and enjoying something real.

Old 05-29-2008, 02:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

Shultzy exactly, thats why I always say we need more hunters in Education! These kids, many here have no idea whats outside of Post Falls Idaho.. Many have moved in from California and Wash.. they take this class and I tell them all this fun is just a few miles outside of town... I had my bear rug, elk hide, sheds in a couple weeks ago.. all my bows etc.. they just eat it up. heck we barbequed elk burgers last week! and they loved em..
Kudo's to you man!!! I really mean that.
Old 05-29-2008, 02:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very cool shed, glad to see your gettin the kids at school involved! I wish we had something like that at the highschool that i went to.

Quick Reply: Good fun in our Outdoor Ed Class

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.