HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   bow question (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/247573-bow-question.html)

mossbergman11 05-28-2008 03:41 PM

bow question

i recently looked at huntersfriend.com for some bow ready to hunt packages
here are some of the bows i liked

Fred Bear Lights Out
Parker Wildfire XP
PSE Stinger
Whisper Creek Stealth LX
Martin Cheetah
Diamond Justice
Alpine Archery Frontier

has anyone here ever had any experience with these?
any advice would be great
thanks

buckmaster 05-28-2008 03:42 PM

RE: bow question

Of coarse youll have to shoot them to see for yourself, but, in the list given, i would go for either the Bear Lights out, or Diamond Justice

mossbergman11 05-28-2008 03:53 PM

oh yeah i willl defidentally shoot them before i decide i just want to know what your opinions on them would be

Centaur 1 05-28-2008 03:54 PM

I've got the Justice and I love it, it's not a screamer but it's smooth.

mossbergman11 05-28-2008 04:10 PM

the whisper creek looks really neat and has good reviews

KSBOHUNTR 05-28-2008 08:46 PM

I just got the LIGHTS OUT a few months ago and love it. 2 days after having it I split my first arrow or done a "Robin Hood" with the arrows. For what I was wanting to spend I think it's great. I have not heard anything bad about the Lights Out but everyone has their own opinion. It's treating me good andagain Love this bow.

jmbuckhunter 05-28-2008 09:05 PM

All the ones you have listed are pretty good brand name bows. You probably won't go wrong with any of them. But it is more a case of which one feels right for you. One may have a stiffer or smoother draw. Another may hold easier. Go shoot as many as you can and make your decision based on which one suits your style.

A bit of advice tho. If you are new to archery, buy from a goodpro shop. The help you get there will make things easier in the long run. Now would be a great time to go too. They probably aren't going to be real busy this time of year, and can give you lots of attention. And you will have lots of time to practice before the season opens.

kingvjack 05-28-2008 09:07 PM

The Stinger is the less than fantastic in that list and I love my old PSE.
Its alot of personal preference, but I'd go with the Bear or the Diamond.

mossbergman11 05-29-2008 05:42 PM

yeah so far i like the bear and whisper creek

whitetailbowhunter 05-29-2008 05:56 PM

A guy in town have a Diamond Justice and it's a very nice bow. I would most likely look at the Diamond or Bear. For some reason I can't stand the Whisper Creek.[:'(]