Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Walking with an arrow? >

Walking with an arrow?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Walking with an arrow?

Old 05-31-2008, 02:42 AM
Spike

Default RE: Walking with an arrow?

concealed wp .45
Old 05-31-2008, 03:52 AM

Never, I just walk to my stand. I have never had a close encounter with anything. Then again I dont live in an area where we have bears and other large dangerous animals, I think......
Old 05-31-2008, 06:13 AM
Fork Horn

The only thing that bothers me in the dark, Is in early season the Rattlesnakes are still crawling. Thats usually the only thing on my mind listening for the Rattles!!!
Old 05-31-2008, 06:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: magicman54494

ORIGINAL: stabnslab_WI

Alright mighty hunters, how many of you walk to your stands in the dark with an arrow in hand. I don't know about you guys and gals but I do. I have had everything from yotes, possums, raccoons even people walking up to me in the dark. See I watch to many scary movies and it just so happens the area I live in, well I'll just say there is a lot of weirdo's around. Even in the stand, if its getting dark out and there is deer in the field, I'm getting my A$$ down out of that stand and getting to my truck.
Ya, these animals are real scary
In some situations they would be more than that. Ever trap a coon? If you have the next time you do stick a pencil init's a$$. Before you can blink an eye it will turn completely around and snap the thing in half, while in the cage. Simply put, you aint fast enough.

Yotes are wild dogs, nuff sad there.

Opossums, I'll give ya that one, still I wouldn't want to be bit by one.
Old 05-31-2008, 06:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

One thing good about posts like these,

it gives the "real" men a chance to pound their chest.
Old 05-31-2008, 08:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: nodog

ORIGINAL: magicman54494

ORIGINAL: stabnslab_WI

Alright mighty hunters, how many of you walk to your stands in the dark with an arrow in hand. I don't know about you guys and gals but I do. I have had everything from yotes, possums, raccoons even people walking up to me in the dark. See I watch to many scary movies and it just so happens the area I live in, well I'll just say there is a lot of weirdo's around. Even in the stand, if its getting dark out and there is deer in the field, I'm getting my A$$ down out of that stand and getting to my truck.
Ya, these animals are real scary
In some situations they would be more than that. Ever trap a coon? If you have the next time you do stick a pencil init's a$$. Before you can blink an eye it will turn completely around and snap the thing in half, while in the cage. Simply put, you aint fast enough.

Yotes are wild dogs, nuff sad there.

Opossums, I'll give ya that one, still I wouldn't want to be bit by one.
I guess there's "real" men then there's those who insert objects in trapped animals' anal cavities. It's not a wonder your name is nodog.
Old 05-31-2008, 08:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ya know.. I've never really thought about it much. I just walk to my stand.. usually without a flashlight to boot.

The woods in the dark don't really bother me to much.
Old 05-31-2008, 08:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BowKnutt

The only thing that bothers me in the dark, Is in early season the Rattlesnakes are still crawling. Thats usually the only thing on my mind listening for the Rattles!!!
I've read they don't always rattle though! That's the problem.[:@]
Old 05-31-2008, 09:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I only gotta walk about 400-500 yards to get to my stand.
When ever I go into the stand or come out I always have a arrow on... Not because im scared but because what if I ran into a deer or a coyote feeding or bedding down some where. Thats how I got my very first deer. I was walking to the stand when it was still dark out but light enough to see animals and my sights. The deer was feeding so I just stalked it and got it. If I see a coyote while walking with any weapon in my hand im gonna try and get it no matter what, even if it isn't bothering me.
Old 05-31-2008, 09:51 AM
Super Moderator

A 4 C cell maglite is a pretty good weapon.It can be used to crush the skull of an angry, charging raccoon with one blow. Trust me on this. [&:]

Quick Reply: Walking with an arrow?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.