Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Walking with an arrow? >

Walking with an arrow?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Walking with an arrow?

Old 05-28-2008, 06:09 AM

Default RE: Walking with an arrow?

I simply do not worry about it. Please do not stick me, ok? Also, do not run to your vehicle just because it will be getting dark soon. You do not want to fall on your arrow, end up sticking yourself, and have to be carried out by one of those "weirdos", LOL! [8D]
Old 05-28-2008, 07:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: stabnslab_WI
Its not a well kept game farm, in fact they have a slow camel there that they call Forest Hump.

LMAO! that is the best thing i've heard in a LONG TIME!!!!

BWAHAAHAH what the heck is a "slow camel"?!?!?

did he fail his SAT's?

muhahahah
Old 05-28-2008, 07:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Alright mighty hunters, how many of you walk to your stands in the dark with an arrow in hand. I don't know about you guys and gals but I do. I have had everything from yotes, possums, raccoons even people walking up to me in the dark. See I watch to many scary movies and it just so happens the area I live in, well I'll just say there is a lot of weirdo's around. Even in the stand, if its getting dark out and there is deer in the field, I'm getting my A$$ down out of that stand and getting to my truck.
You, my friend, are a sissy.

Old 05-28-2008, 07:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

Alright mighty hunters, how many of you walk to your stands in the dark with an arrow in hand. I don't know about you guys and gals but I do. I have had everything from yotes, possums, raccoons even people walking up to me in the dark. See I watch to many scary movies and it just so happens the area I live in, well I'll just say there is a lot of weirdo's around. Even in the stand, if its getting dark out and there is deer in the field, I'm getting my A$$ down out of that stand and getting to my truck.

x2

Old 05-28-2008, 07:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

Like I've said in the past, the KING doesn't mince words!
Old 05-28-2008, 07:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think that might be illegal in some states .... even if it wasn't, I walk with my arrows in my quiver .....

I think the King nailed it yet again ...
Old 05-28-2008, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I always carry a holly stake in case I encounter a vampire.You need silver bullets for werewolves of course, but they are only a threat during a full moon.
Old 05-28-2008, 07:55 AM

I walk in and out in the dark without the aid of a flashlight unless I am protecting myself from other hunters by flashing my light at them. If there are other hunters around I use a light, otherwise I just carry my bow with the arrows in the quiver. It does not occur to me that I would ever need to use an arrow.
Old 05-28-2008, 08:01 AM
Site Buck Guru

No walking with arrows here. It's a good way to cut your strings and cables. Besides, I'd rather use my bow as a club! [:-]
Old 05-28-2008, 08:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nothing in the woods I hunt scares me, except maybe for skunks. The last thing I want to do is stick one of them though. I've had coyotes howling close by, thought it was kinda cool. My arrows stay in the quiver. I hate the spider webs too, but I just kinda get used to taking them in the face now and again.

Quick Reply: Walking with an arrow?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.