Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Arrows and Releases >

Arrows and Releases

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Arrows and Releases

Old 05-27-2008, 04:12 PM

Default Arrows and Releases

i am shooting easton st epics, and i though about trying gold tips i think they are hunters, which would you use? and i am shooting a velcro release would releases be better for hunting?
http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_54590_400014014_400000000_400014000_400-14-14
and i know i would probaly have to shorten the release but i have done it before, so that isnt a problem.
thanks

P.S the arrows would be for a 54 lbs bow and they will have blazers on em and i am shooting a bisciut.
Old 05-27-2008, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Arrows and Releases

Miller,I have been using the Gt's for a few years now and they are good arrows, just make sure you get them spined correctly and you'll be fine. I personally didn't like the velcro type straps on my release,I bought the buckle strap for my release,I just didn't feel like I could put it back in the same place every time plus it made noise first coulple draw cycles....Good Luck!!!
Old 05-27-2008, 05:39 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: TexasBowHunter

Miller,I have been using the Gt's for a few years now and they are good arrows, just make sure you get them spined correctly and you'll be fine. I personally didn't like the velcro type straps on my release,I bought the buckle strap for my release,I just didn't feel like I could put it back in the same place every time plus it made noise first coulple draw cycles....Good Luck!!!
I have to agree 100% with TexasBowHunter. I like my Scott Little Goose.

Old 05-27-2008, 09:05 PM
Fork Horn

the eastons will kill a deer if thats what ur goin for. the gold tips are good quality arrows. i shot deer with old walmart arrows before but the GT's are way more accurate especially on the longer shots. as for the release that tru ball is a great release my brother shoots with that one and i like it alot i think u will be happy with it.

ps. i would prolly switch to a drop away rest if u do alot of shooting WB are hard on fletching. if u have a fletcher i guess its alright. but i know for how much i spent on refletching i cudda bought a dropaway. but thats my opinion i know alot are happy with the WB

good luck!