Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Help me choose new arrows. >

Help me choose new arrows.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Help me choose new arrows.

Old 05-23-2008, 09:27 AM

Default Help me choose new arrows.

I am in need of new arrows, but I want something I can use for 3d shoots as well as hunting this season. I have been shooting the Goldtip CAAs and love those, but was thinking about trying something different. I have heard a lot about victory arrows, but dont know much about them to pick a specific arrow. If anyone has any suggestions please feel free.

My setup is a Guardian at 67lbs, 26" draw length.
Old 05-23-2008, 09:48 AM

Default RE: Help me choose new arrows.

I like my Carbon Express Maxima's/Maxima Hunters, never shot Gold Tips but if you like them, why switch? I also love Easton ACC's, work awesome for me, and I shoot 26" @60# pretty close to you.
Old 05-23-2008, 10:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MOmightymite

I am in need of new arrows, but I want something I can use for 3d shoots as well as hunting this season. I have been shooting the Goldtip CAAs and love those, but was thinking about trying something different. I have heard a lot about victory arrows, but dont know much about them to pick a specific arrow. If anyone has any suggestions please feel free.

My setup is a Guardian at 67lbs, 26" draw length.
You would need a Victory VForce 350. They are great arrows, I'm shooting the HV's out of my Cardiac and they shoot awesome. Something you can do is put ACC 3-60 uni bushing in the back. That's what I do to mine and it works out great.
Old 05-23-2008, 10:31 AM

It's pretty tough to get a multitasking arrow like that. You want fat for 3D, but not necessarily for hunting. So, something like the Carbon Express CXL2 would be awesome for 3D, but not so much for hunting. Likewise, an arrow such as your GT CAA's and Maxima Hunters are incredible for hunting, but not necessarily for 3D because of their small diameter.

If you're really wanting a "do it all" arrow, I'm gonna toss the Easton 2213 out there, for your specs. Good mix of diameter, and it's a fantastic hunting arrow. If you really want a carbon arrow....they're gonna be small diameter, but Maxima Hunters are really tough to beat.
Old 05-23-2008, 02:52 PM

Thanks for the help guys! I used to shoot Maximas and actually changed to the CAAs to save a few bucks, but I love both arrows.

Don, I would need a 350 for the maxima hunters correct? I used to shoot 250s and i think i was underspined a bit, but got away with it because of my short draw.

Matt, Do you know the diameter on those victories? Are they close to most hunting arrows?
Old 05-23-2008, 03:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MOmightymite

Matt, Do you know the diameter on those victories? Are they close to most hunting arrows?
They are about the same with most hunting arrows. Maybe a "touch" smaller.
Old 05-23-2008, 04:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

The inside diamter of the VF350s is 0.245.
Old 05-23-2008, 05:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

The inside diamter of the VF350s is 0.245.
Thanks Greg.
Old 05-23-2008, 05:55 PM

Thanks guys! How are their durability! Do you guys have any experience with slapping arrows together or missing? And if so did they hold up ok? I can get the Victories the cheapest so that is why I was wondering.
Old 05-23-2008, 05:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mobow

You want fat for 3D, but not necessarily for hunting.
Why would you want a fat shaft arrowfor 3D?

Quick Reply: Help me choose new arrows.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.