Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Whitetail Freaks >

Whitetail Freaks

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whitetail Freaks

Old 05-23-2008, 03:01 PM

Default RE: Whitetail Freaks

I've spent many days on a farm, nothing but farms around me.Members of myfamily and several friends own farms, and believe me, they aren't giving up field space for deer hunting. Would I love to do what they're doing, HELL YES. But would I act like I'm just an average guy struggling to kill a decent deer...NO FREAKIN WAY! I'm done complaining.Truth isI'm sure if Iactually met them I'd think they were nice people, and my opinion of them would be drastically different. Jealousy took over...I want to kill a monster and Oct. isn't getting here fast enough!
Old 05-23-2008, 03:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Justin

ORIGINAL: racewayking

I would love to see shows where they get dumped off in public land for a week with no knowledge of the area. Only topos, some basic scouting and some arse busting skills to get the job done.
No you wouldn't, and neither would 99% of the rest of the hunting population. We'd all be snoozing in our seats if you put an "average joe" hunter in that scenario and followed him around with a camera. Either that, or we'd all be complaining that they're doing something wrong, not seeing enough deer, and a million other things.

TV is about one thing - ENTERTAINMENT. Nobody watches the WNBA because they don't dunk and put on a show like the guys in the NBA do. AA baseball isn't on network TV because guys aren't jacking 450' home runs or making spectacular fielding catches. And our Thursday night 16" slow pitch softball team, made up of a bunch of "average joes" isn't on TV because nobody would care enough to watch us except maybe our moms. Hunting TV is no different than any other TV program. Deep down in our heart of hearts we want to see big bucks and people who are successful and good and doign what they do.

Lock the thread.
Well put Justin, sorry I got a little heated but we always seem to say we want one thing, while the numbers support another.
Old 05-23-2008, 03:17 PM

One things for sure, if I did get that call from the Kiski's or the Lakosky's telling me to fly out and hunt their farm, killing that monster sure would be a heck of a lot more possible! So Lee and Don, I'm waiting by the phone for your call, bags are packed and I'm ready for action.
Old 05-23-2008, 03:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: psearcher4life

One things for sure, if I did get that call from the Kiski's or the Lakosky's telling me to fly out and hunt their farm, killing that monster sure would be a heck of a lot more possible! So Lee and Don, I'm waiting by the phone for your call, bags are packed and I'm ready for action.

X2, just hope they(Kisky's) don't have anything against me for voting them off today
Old 05-23-2008, 03:23 PM

Well if they do hold a grudge for voting them off,maybe I can smooth things over if Iagree to shoot a Mathews while I'm on their farm!
Old 05-23-2008, 04:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

TV is about one thing - ENTERTAINMENT. Nobody watches the WNBA because they don't dunk and put on a show like the guys in the NBA do. AA baseball isn't on network TV because guys aren't jacking 450' home runs or making spectacular fielding catches. And our Thursday night 16" slow pitch softball team, made up of a bunch of "average joes" isn't on TV because nobody would care enough to watch us except maybe our moms. Hunting TV is no different than any other TV program. Deep down in our heart of hearts we want to see big bucks and people who are successful and good and doign what they do.
See, the thing is that the pro baseball players, NBA players, NFL players, NASCAR drivers, etc...don't try to blow smoke up our butts spewing garbage that the average joecouldshoot the same bucks that they do on aregular basis and hop in their $150,000 tractors and plant aseveral 10 acrefood plots.

It's not about the fact that they have "made it" in the pro hunting world. I am happy for them that they did make it. It's about themtrying to protray themselves as having the same access to equipment, money, land, etc... etc... that the rest of us "average Joes" do.

We don't want to see an average Joe go huting. We want to see Tiffany, Jackie Bushman, Stan Potts, etc... gohunting in the average joes woods and take remotely close to the caliber bucks that they do on their farms.
Old 05-23-2008, 06:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Rory/MO

HUNSUCKER FOR PRESIDENT
That right there is funny, I don't care who you are!
Old 05-23-2008, 07:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: HuntinGUS

I think just about every "show" is not what the average joe experiences. IMO it's these types of programs that are ruining hunting. Kids and new hunters are learning that what they see on TV is the norm and is what to be expected.[:'(]

I would not call in envy however. What I see on TV is not what I want my children to experience.............
This is all that needs to be said! Well put Gus, I feel the exact same way you do!
Old 05-23-2008, 08:43 PM
Fork Horn

I love how every one is acting like these people are'nt "keeping it real". If I had Cuddeback for a sponsor I would use 100 trail cams too, or 40 ladder stands on my property ect. Taking bucks is how they make a living, and what the sponsors pay them to do. What are they supposed to say "sorry Scentlock, we dont want your money because average hunters cant afford your clothes, and were keeping it real." All hunting shows are out of the reach of ordinary people. At least with the Lakosky's you can see what you could possibly do with private land given the means. I would rather see that than the shows that are 99% of the time in a game ranch. I think its jealousy. Lots of land, lots of money to hunt, all the best equipment for free, and a cute wife who looks good in camo.
Old 05-23-2008, 10:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

What are they supposed to say "sorry Scentlock, we dont want your money because average hunters cant afford your clothes, and were keeping it real."
That's not what we are saying at all.

The point isthat weget tired of themportraying themselves as average hunters when they know, and the rest of us know, what they are doing is as far from average hunting as it gets.

Quick Reply: Whitetail Freaks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.