Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Whitetail Freaks >

Whitetail Freaks

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whitetail Freaks

Old 05-23-2008, 02:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Whitetail Freaks

I think just about every "show" is not what the average joe experiences. IMO it's these types of programs thatare ruining hunting. Kids and new hunters are learning that what they see on TV is the norm and is what to be expected.[:'(]

I would not call in envy however. What I see on TV is not what I want my children to experience.............
Old 05-23-2008, 02:42 PM

Watch what you want, like who you want. But they aren't for me. Don't act like they're the average hunter, cause they're not. As for the Lakosky's, one day she's a stewardess on a plane, never hunted a day in her life. She marry's Lee, and BANG! She's a "Professional Hunter". They bought their way into it. Lee has said it himself. They bought their farm for 1 reason only, to make a T.V. show. They aren't farmers. They just had enough cash to become professional hunters. And what real farmer converts giant tracts of his land over to deer food plots, not to harvest and sell crops. The day they did that was the day they became professional hunters who own a farm.
Old 05-23-2008, 02:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would love to see shows where they get dumped off in public land for a week with no knowledge of the area. Only topos, some basic scouting and some arse busting skills to get the job done. Sad thing is most people want to see a show where some "Genetic Monster" gets taken while they pass up numerous smaller guys. I agree most shows are not real hunting but its the viewers that have ruined that by watching the shows that do this.
Old 05-23-2008, 02:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: YooperMike

Agreed, there are better ones to watch, but the Drury's are FAR from the "average guy" hunter out there, regardless of what their videos portray. I like watching them, they are very good at what they do.
you havent seen the ground they grew up hunting. not exactly where they are now, in northern mo and iowa
Old 05-23-2008, 02:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: racewayking

I would love to see shows where they get dumped off in public land for a week with no knowledge of the area. Only topos, some basic scouting and some arse busting skills to get the job done. Sad thing is most people want to see a show where some "Genetic Monster" gets taken while they pass up numerous smaller guys. I agree most shows are not real hunting but its the viewers that have ruined that by watching the shows that do this.
Agreed. Instant gratification my man! It's the cryptonyte (sp) to hunting.

I want it all and I want it NOW! [:'(]

Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: psearcher4life

Watch what you want, like who you want. But they aren't for me. Don't act like they're the average hunter, cause they're not. As for the Lakosky's, one day she's a stewardess on a plane, never hunted a day in her life. She marry's Lee, and BANG! She's a "Professional Hunter". They bought their way into it. Lee has said it himself. They bought their farm for 1 reason only, to make a T.V. show. They aren't farmers. They just had enough cash to become professional hunters. And what real farmer converts giant tracts of his land over to deer food plots, not to harvest and sell crops. The day they did that was the day they became professional hunters who own a farm.
Dang PSE, they are living the American Dream and putting deer on the wall that you will likely never put on yours. I don't even watch their show, but if I could buy a farm and turn it into deer hunting paradise would I be any less of a man? Heaven forbid a guy meets an airline stewardess, falls in love and converts he into a hunter. By the way PSE, how much did he pay to become a "Professional Hunter"? Now I can see if you personally know these people and they are tools but honestly, the Kisky's are losers because the farm? How many days have you put on a farm PSE?

That's exactly why I quit watching them. I'm not going to support them by watching that garbage.
Old 05-23-2008, 02:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would love to see shows where they get dumped off in public land for a week with no knowledge of the area. Only topos, some basic scouting and some arse busting skills to get the job done.
No you wouldn't, and neither would 99% of the rest of the hunting population. We'd all be snoozing in our seats if you put an "average joe" hunter in that scenario and followed him around with a camera. Either that, or we'd all be complaining that they're doing something wrong, not seeing enough deer, and a million other things.

TV is about one thing - ENTERTAINMENT. Nobody watches the WNBA because they don't dunk and put on a show like the guys in the NBA do. AA baseball isn't on network TV because guys aren't jacking 450' home runs or making spectacular fielding catches. And our Thursday night 16" slow pitch softball team, made up of a bunch of "average joes" isn't on TV because nobody would care enough to watch us except maybe our moms. Hunting TV is no different than any other TV program. Deep down in our heart of hearts we want to see big bucks and people who are successful and good and doign what they do.

Lock the thread.
Old 05-23-2008, 02:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

HUNSUCKER FOR PRESIDENT
Old 05-23-2008, 03:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lock the thread.
Why?

Quick Reply: Whitetail Freaks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.