Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Whitetail Freaks >

Whitetail Freaks

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whitetail Freaks

Old 05-23-2008, 10:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Whitetail Freaks

So you'll beat off about the Drury's and their shows, but get pissed about the land that Lakoskis/Kiskis have? The Drury's don't exactly hunt on public ground. Just sayin...

I too like Dream Season more than Whitetail Freaks and the Drury videos.
Old 05-23-2008, 10:47 AM

Hey, it's just my opinion. I'm not pissed about what the Lakosky's have, and others don't...but when I'm looking for a show to watch there are better ones IMO to watch, ones that are more in touch with the average guy.
Old 05-23-2008, 10:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Agreed, there are better ones to watch, but the Drury's are FAR from the "average guy" hunter out there, regardless of what their videos portray. I like watching them, they are very good at what they do.
Old 05-23-2008, 11:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm a big Drury video fan. I think they are good guys that do it right, but let's keep some things in perspective. I bought 100% Wild Spot On because it was about making your spot better. They are talking about clearcutting and planting switch grass to cover your entry and exits.[&:] Great idea, but the land owners that give me permission won't be letting me do that and the parcels I hunt are way too small to justify it.

Many of these video giants aren't showing what the average Joe can do. If you're watching to compare your own style, or pick up practical tips you are wasting your time. If you're watching to be entertained (which is mostly why I watch) they are great.

If you want some real practical tips pick up a Joe Brooks book or one of Greg Miller's older books. Real stuff you can use there.
Old 05-23-2008, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Never even heard of them. What channel do all these shows come on?
Old 05-23-2008, 01:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HuntingBry

If you want some real practical tips pick up a Joe Brooks book or one of Greg Miller's older books. Real stuff you can use there.
yup and add Eberhart to the list of books "hunting pressured whitetails"
Old 05-23-2008, 02:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rory/MO

ORIGINAL: psearcher4life

I love Dream Season, and anything by the Drury's. IMO, nobody does it better.
same here!
i guess i am pretty biased though, since they grew up about a half hour from my house[8D]

i like theirs, and jay and tammi gregorys videos the best so far
x2, i think they have that special appeal to us because they grew up in missouri, jay and tammi live 15 minutes from my land
Old 05-23-2008, 02:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

o and i hate whitetail freaks, corny jokes and the music they play during the show annyoys me terribly, that is the only hunting show i wont watch
Old 05-23-2008, 02:23 PM

What about Mathews TV, with Dave Watson. That guy freakin drives me nuts...how that boring hack got another show I'll never know. With all thebig name hunting celebritiesthat shoot Mathews to chose from this is the fool they chose? If he was on Hunting Survivor he'd have been my #1 choice to vote off.
Old 05-23-2008, 02:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: psearcher4life

Make that X3, The average guy doesn't have a gigantic lease in Iowa, and multiple 150K John Deere tractors...darn which one do I use today...decisions decisions. I've gotten to the point that if it's Mathews sponsored show I can't stand it. They want everybody to shoot only 5 1/2 year old bucks off of a food plot, that they have 4 years worth of sheds from, and 500 Cudde Backtrail camera pics of...with a Mathews bowor a TC firearm. In reality that is nothing like what the average guy is doing. Freakin makes me want to puke.[:'(][:'(]
Am I missing something here? Don't the Kisky's farm for a living and own 150,000.00 tractors because they make a living of the land? I got a hundred bucks that says if they called you tomorrow and said come shoot a 180" buck and we'll film it for our next show that you would be flying out the door.
Granted they might not have the best hunting show but to trash them because they are farmers and have some land and are passoniate by documenting their deer??? It makes me wonder if many of you aren't Green with Envy because you DON'T have a few tractors, food plots, and thousand acres.

Quick Reply: Whitetail Freaks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.