Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I have a situation... >

I have a situation...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I have a situation...

Old 05-22-2008, 06:59 PM
Spike

Default I have a situation...

In the fall of 2006 my favorite hunting land was posted no tresspassing. I called the number on the sign and the lady that answered the phone said that they lease the land from the power company and that nobody is allowed to hunt there anymore because somebodys beagles caused her dad to have a heart attack. So because of that I relocated my hunting adventures to public land ten miles away. The other day I was talking to a guy in his gun shop and I mentioned what had happened and he started to laugh. I asked what was funny and he then told me that the power company dont lease land to anybody due to the fact that they dont want to be held liable for any injury and that the woman was lying and they have no power over that land and that the old man got old and childish and wanted the whole world for himself. I am planning on calling the power company and asking about the situation and if it is true what the gunshop owner said, then I guess I have my old hunting area back. What would you guys do? What would be the right thing to do?
Old 05-22-2008, 07:02 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-22-2008, 07:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: I have a situation...

i would leave it alone, the people obviously dont want anyone hunting there if they lied to make you stay off
Old 05-23-2008, 05:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Id call the power co and give them this information. if shes posting property that isnt hers im sure theres legal issues involved, or if the power company posted it and she put her name and number on the signsI beleive then there could be charges involved...not sure how that works.....id call the power co and find out for sure whats going on. better safe than sorry in my book.
Old 05-23-2008, 07:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

You definetely want to check for yourself. I wouldn't go completely on what the guy in the shop told you. Maybe start at town hall and see who the owner of the property actual is. It should be public info.
Old 05-23-2008, 07:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BobCo19-65

You definetely want to check for yourself. I wouldn't go completely on what the guy in the shop told you. Maybe start at town hall and see who the owner of the property actual is. It should be public info.
X2. Get the facts not rumors!
Old 05-23-2008, 08:12 AM
Typical Buck

I'm suprised the "trespassing is trespasing" guys haven't flamed you yet. If you were hunting there and were claiming ignorance on wether you were allowed to be there or not, then it was good while it lasted. If you really want to hunt it again, find out who the owner is and contact them. It's either gonna be yes or no.
Old 05-23-2008, 08:14 AM

so does the power company allow you to hunt there in the first place. did you have to get permission or is the land pretty much public domain
Old 05-23-2008, 11:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Definately get hard facts first...but incidently the senario happened in my area on public land. There are lots of poorly marked tracts that most people dont know about, and some people (hunters) have taken to posting them in an effort to keep unwanted competition off it. They were the guys that always had to take the cheap shots when they were in sports too I am sure[].
Old 05-23-2008, 11:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

There are a lot of guys around here that post land that isn't theirs to keep others off. You can usually tell which ones they are because it looks like a 3 year old wrote the information on it (if it's there at all).

Do what the others said, get the facts, talk to the real land owners and get back to hunting on there if you can.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: I have a situation...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.