Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Your Other Life- >

Your Other Life-

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Your Other Life-

Old 05-23-2008, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Your Other Life-

ORIGINAL: lnen#1

I was just curious what some of you guys do in your other life. What do you do for a living. Myself I am a Locomotive Engineer for CSX. Like many of you hunting and fishing is my life, working for the railroad just provides the means for me to play.
I'm a Carman for CSX...i like to say i retired the day i hired!
Old 05-23-2008, 05:43 PM

Just became a senior in High School today. Ive been running my own landscaping business since I was 10, as odd as that sounds. I'm being officially licensed for it this year, some of my bigger corporate jobs are finally crackin down on me for proof of licensing. I havehad plenty of insurance, but now I gotta pay to be licensed as well.[:@]Life is well, I make a LOT more than the other 17 year olds around here, and have cut my work down to two days a week, around 7 months out of the year. Mowing lawns can earn you a killing if you have the connections, and you're off from October to March. Downside is it is nearly impossible to get started in the business from scratch and do it full time, unless you really, really know some people.

Future plans of 4 years at WKU and then on to UK Law School...I'm not sure on what I want to major in just yet.
Old 05-23-2008, 06:34 PM

Operations tech. at a Cogeneration plant. We make electricity, steam and instrument air for local chemical plants. I work 4 days then off 4 days then work 3 days then off 3 days then back to 4 days and so on. The hours are great. and allow alot of time to hunt.
Old 05-23-2008, 06:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

well lets see i have fliped burgers
helped run a computer store.
Ran my own pwc shops.
Currenty getting into the house flipping area
that is all before my 23 birthday next sat.
Old 05-23-2008, 07:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've been a builder/general contractor all my life. I hold a contractors license in fla., n.c., Mt. and in Alberta. If you have the money, I'll go there and build it. I've built several muti-million dollar projects for disney world andfor nasa at cape kennedy. I'm gettin to the point where I don't really want to work that hard anymore and I'm taking on less demanding projects. More time in the woods.

Bobby
Old 05-24-2008, 05:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

hey i need some blinds built lol
ORIGINAL: 121553

I've been a builder/general contractor all my life. I hold a contractors license in fla., n.c., Mt. and in Alberta. If you have the money, I'll go there and build it. I've built several muti-million dollar projects for disney world andfor nasa at cape kennedy. I'm gettin to the point where I don't really want to work that hard anymore and I'm taking on less demanding projects. More time in the woods.

Bobby
Old 05-24-2008, 06:24 AM
Fork Horn

I'm a CAD designer for refrigeration equipment used in supermarkets, warehouses and the likes. Been doing it for over 30 yrs.
Old 05-24-2008, 12:37 PM

Conductor for the CANADIAN National Railroad.
Old 05-24-2008, 12:39 PM
Typical Buck

I am a retired union carpenter and lovin it too much!!!!!

Spudrow from MO
Old 05-24-2008, 01:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: early in

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

What the hell could you have possibly needed from up there ?

MONEY!!

So wait....money DOES grow on trees ????
That's some funny chit there, DropTine!!! Very creative.
I had to reply to this!!!! DT, I played a little of this game too, and at an avg. of about $200/day, tax free under the table money 1997-1999 2 - 3 days/month, it certainly DID seem like the money was growing on the tree, especially for an active duty soldier with a pretty SET income. I did a couple small jobs after I got out, and used my spikes for hunting a bit, but a blown out ankle (basketball, not climbing) a few years ago got them old spikes RETIRED.

Now what I do for REAL is push drugs, physically remove people from their comfortable chairs and beds, inject people with drugs, tie people down when they don't comply, and in general force people to follow my commands, or else, but most people don't see all of these parts of being a REGISTERED NURSE, they think we just sit around with funny hats on our heads and drink coffee. I'm not what most people would picture as a "male-nurse," being 'bout 6' and weighing 235-245# with a shaved head and a little goat on the chin, for some reason, I always get remembered, which is good AND bad. Certainly keeps me HONEST, because NO ONE is going to forget the BIG, UGLY, BALD guy if he didn't take good care of them. Fortunately, I've only ever had 2 complaints in over 12 yrs, and both of them were BOGUS!!!!

Quick Reply: Your Other Life-

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.