Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Your Other Life- >

Your Other Life-

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Your Other Life-

Old 05-23-2008, 06:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Your Other Life-

Own a Design & Manufacturing company for plastics since 1993.
In a nutt shell... Senior Plastic Injection Mold Maker with a splash of Plastic / Mechanical Engineering,
along with class A Machinest on all equipment, including full CNC capabilities and Electrical Discharge Machining both Wire and Ram.
Mostly work in the medical field (catheter's, hand-held medical devices, etc.)(GregH - I probably had a hand in your stint operation and u didn't even know it?).
Also do work with automotive (MichiganWhitail call when u need help), electronics, military, telecommunications, etc... The list goes on with most anything plastic or metal.
I mostly deal with design firms, engineers, doctors and scientists (some bright ideas out there!) I take their ideas and make them into real world manufaturing solutions.
2nd business is Log & Timber Frame home construction company. I started this after 911, when I had to make ends meet. To date I've built 6 log homes, but nothing in the last 3 years, machine shop is way too busy!
Old 05-23-2008, 06:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Edcyclopedia

Own a Design & Manufacturing company for plastics since 1993.
In a nutt shell... Senior Plastic Injection Mold Maker with a splash of Plastic / Mechanical Engineering,
along with class A Machinest on all equipment, including full CNC capabilities and Electrical Discharge Machining both Wire and Ram.
Mostly work in the medical field (catheter's, hand-held medical devices, etc.)(GregH - I probably had a hand in your stint operation and u didn't even know it?).
Also do work with automotive (MichiganWhitail call when u need help), electronics, military, telecommunications, etc... The list goes on with most anything plastic or metal.
I mostly deal with design firms, engineers, doctors and scientists (some bright ideas out there!) I take their ideas and make them into real world manufaturing solutions.
2nd business is Log & Timber Frame home construction company. I started this after 911, when I had to make ends meet. To date I've built 6 log homes, but nothing in the last 3 years, machine shop is way too busy!
Check out , JBM Technologies.com.
Old 05-23-2008, 06:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

[quote]ORIGINAL: bawanajim

Check out , JBM Technologies.com.

Thanks Jim, good info., I'm actually looking for another (used) Kitamura MyCenter1
and possibly upgrade my wire EDM.
If this is you PM your contact info.
Old 05-23-2008, 07:35 AM
Dominant Buck

I build things... well sort of. As buckeye refers to me, I'm "Office Material" aka Project Manager for a commercial construction company.
Nice to know, Dubbya. I do the same thing.....for now. I may go another avenue within our organization, soon....if things work out.

I've completed projects from an $850,000 Church to a $49M,72 acre retirement community...to a $71M Systems and Engineering renovation on a college campus. I spend 75% of my working time in the office from 4:30AM to 8:00AM.

Of late....I've been on a 3-4 year "coast" while I await this new path.....building $5M-$7M projects in the industrial market sector. If things work out....I'll have very little free time for the next several years......but I'll cut off a few off the back end....ifyaknowwhatimean.

Give me a shout sometime, Dubbya. I'd love to talk shop with you.
Old 05-23-2008, 08:02 AM
Typical Buck

I'm a fireman with the City of New York. I'm also a project manager/foreman for a electrical construction contractor.
Old 05-23-2008, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm a partner in a Software company that makes Email Management software (archiving and legal discovery). I work most days out of my house and have a very understanding boss who knows my addiction. From Halloween week till the end of the season, I carry my Blackberry in the woods and hunt most mornings and evening. In fact last year, after I shot my buck on Halloween morning, I called my boss and asked if I could have the day off and his only response was 'How big?'

Old 05-23-2008, 09:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I run a free health care clinic here in IL. I started 4 years ago as a volunteer translator (M.A. in Spanish) and now I run the joint. I do enjoy, the patients get a little frustrating sometimes, but overall I do like it.
Old 05-23-2008, 11:00 AM

ORIGINAL: Dubbya

I build things... well sort of. As buckeye refers to me, I'm "Office Material" aka Project Manager for a commercial construction company. Here is of my most recent jobs...

Im jealous[:@][:@][:@][:@]

I cant wait to start school for this, this fall.
Old 05-23-2008, 12:16 PM

I drive fire trucks. I love it. Good pay, exciting, and most importantly a lot of time off. Also, I'm expecting my first child in a month.
Old 05-23-2008, 03:49 PM
RT1
Fork Horn

I used to be in the pga of america for 10 years as a golf professional, played mini tour events, a few nationwide tour events, and also state run pga events within the pga of america. I got sick of the bullcrap with lousy stupid lazy don't know _hit about the golf business or have anypeople skills owners. So i left and became an outside sales rep and now promoted to vice president of sales and marketing for a large john deere dealership. Let me see i left the worthless golf business and make twice the amount and work less. I would say good move. I also enjoy playing golf again.

Future advice to any young people looking for a career in the pga. Don't, you will have a more rewarding life out of the golf business, just ask around there is a ton of turnover. if your not at the elite country clubs your just kidding yourself. There are alot of clubs that are not making money!

Quick Reply: Your Other Life-

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.